New To Fitness Pal, need some friends for motivation!

Options
Hi, i am new to this, its my first day! I am hoping to make some friends to help and motivate each other. I am a 31 year old mother of 2 and struggling to balence childcare, work and exercise! Any tips appreciated!

Replies

• Alicemarieed
    Alicemarieed Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome,I've been on here just for 5 days .love it.its totally motivated me.everone so supportive.
  • kahlah23
    kahlah23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. There are many wonderful people on here that will help to motivate you. Feel free to add me for support. I'd be glad to help you if I can.
  • TMCL1970
    TMCL1970 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new to my fitness pal also. Im here for you if you need some motivation. Let me know if there is anything I can help with. :-)
  • kpaquette1
    Options
    New to this site and hoping it will help. I have recently made many new changes, now time to change me.
  • sfgonzales
    sfgonzales Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Feel freee to add me!!
  • GFab
    GFab Posts: 75
    Options
    love your avatar =) fr sent
  • JackShow70
    JackShow70 Posts: 49
    Options
    I am still pretty new here too (3 weeks). Can add me if you like.
  • chrisboy22
    Options
    Feel free to add me guys, I've been here for 7 months :D and lost 55 pounds and feel great :D!
  • lunchlady1208
    Options
    Hi ya :)
    Anyone can add me if you'd like :)
    I'm on several times most days...I've been here for 75ish days
  • WishingOnEveryStar
    WishingOnEveryStar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey there, welcome! I'm new here too, feel free to add me.
  • meglet175
    meglet175 Posts: 98
    Options
    feel free to add me. i'm a working mom, too (ok - so i'm a few years older than you) and i've been at mfp for about a month. i LOVE your photo - i feel the same way. if only the world could see my inner dancing queen :)
  • ChonaP
    ChonaP Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome, This is a great place for accountability and support. You can add me as a friend if you would like. I am also a mother of two wonderful boys. I've lost 42 pounds so far with 30 to go.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I am a 33yr old mom of 6 boys. The littlest one is 6 months old and hasn't given me a full night's sleep in weeks, so I understand trying to balance making the change with your responsibilities as a mom. Best advise I can give is reduce temptation as much as you can. Don't feed your family things you shouldn't have. Don't run through fast food because you are late or don't have time to cook. It is better to run into the grocery store and grab sandwiches for them and a salad for you and eat that in the car rather than being tortured smelling their french fries on the way to the soccer game. You have to commit to the weight loss and that will mean sacrifice. You splurged to get here so you have to give up things to get back. Dieting may seem like punishment at times but so does being larger than you would like to be. Personally I would rather be punished by my diet than my self esteem.
  • onyx1972
    onyx1972 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone to MFP.. I love this site, and it has helped me stay focused and on task of getting healthy. Feel free to add me and good luck on your journeys :)

16887527.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ksun10
    ksun10 Posts: 76
    Options
    feel free to send me a request if you would like! :) a make a point of commenting on all of my friends updates and trying to be very supportive.
  • CopyCat97
    CopyCat97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    always looking for new friends, feel free to add me