HELP! I need support and encouragement!

Options
I am really depressed right now.... I have had many false starts on losing weight and I just cant seem to stay focused on my goal! I went to the doctor yesterday and I gained 5 pounds! AHHHH!!! I did not think I was doing that bad.............actually I have been walking and watching more what I have been eating..... The bad news is....he said he was going to up my BP and cholesterol meds if I didnt lose some weight by my next visit (3 months)! Because I have about 60 lbs to lose, he said he did not want me getting sick.....and I was so depressed, I cried all the way home! This morning I was so depressed I could barely get out of bed! I dont know why I am in this funk.............it seems almost impossible for me to get motivated and it seems like I will never be able to lose weight! What is wrong with me??? Right now, I need any support, encouragement and prayers you can send my way!!

Replies

• lunchlady1208
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support if you'd like :)
  • blazingbabe
    blazingbabe Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I also struggle with losing weight. I exercise 5 to 6 times a week and watch everything I put into my mouth. My problem is the medicine that I take, puts weight on. It is a constant battle for me. Although the pounds are coming off slowly, the inches are stinking and my stamina is getting better and better. So hang in there and you will see results! Good luck!
  • As_Sweet_As_Pea
    As_Sweet_As_Pea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I completely understand what you're going through. I have been struggling with my weigh my whole life. It gets frustrating, depressing, and it makes you want to give up. But don't!! Sometimes when we start to exercise and eat right we gain weight. But its temporary. You might have built up muscle which weighs more than fat!! That's a good thing because it will help you shed those 60lbs!! I have over 100 lbs to lose and I have found that if you set mini goals for yourself it is much easier to achieve them. Instead of looking at 60lbs right now. Just focus on losing the 5 you gained. Keep doing what you're doing. Don't give up and in time you will reach your goals. Feel free to add me for support!! Hang in there!!
  • Geni_B
    Geni_B Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me 7 months ago, that's what motivated me, not wanting to be on med's. Just take one baby step at a time or it will get overwhelming for you. I too had to loose 60lbs. I am just now 6 lbs away from my goal weight. If I can do it you can do it. Set five lb. goals at a time and set a time limit you want to loose the 5 lbs. in. weigh yourself every day so you can stay on track, I exercised 3 times a week on my stair stepper even if it was only 10 min. at a time till I worked up to 45 min. at a time. Eat several small meals a day instead of three large ones. It keeps your blood sugar stable all day so you do not crave foods you should not eat. Keep a written journal as well. I found the later in the day I ate the harder it was to get the lbs. off so I had a time of day to stop eating and just drink water I picked not eating after 3 P:M: but everyone cannot do that I understand. But at least three hours before bed time you should eat your last meal or snack. Make a plan and stick to it. I know you can do it. Best Wishes. Also if you just set 1 lb goals at a time that would be good and each time you loose one lb. than make another one lb. goal since we loose one lb. at a time any way. I have found this last 10 lbs. have been the hardest to loose since I started so I also have to finish loosinve yg my goal weight and also maintain after it is all said and done. WE CAN DO IT> If we don't give up. Best of Wishes on your Journey.
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Brush yourself off and pick yourself up! Now is the time to DO something about it. Use this little set back as motivation to push you where you want to go.
  • Tati_Mo
    Tati_Mo Posts: 10
    Options
    You can add me if you want!
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    wow 52lbs lost!! Well done!
  • ksun10
    ksun10 Posts: 76
    Options
    feel free to add me! :) a make a point of commenting on all of my friends updates and being super supportive. we all need a little help and motivation.
  • donnanhrn
    donnanhrn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey you are not alone. I have success at losing some weight and then for some reason I lose focus and just not only stop losing weight but gain back the weight and sometimes more. I am back on the wagon now. I am also on meds for cholesterol and recently had the dose increased. I was also diagnosed with sleep apnea and have to wear a cpap machine at night to keep me breathing properly. I am 60 pounds overweight but did not expect this many problems. You can do this . When weight loss becomes a health issue it needs to take a higher priority. Be careful measuring portions as that is where many people fall short in the dieting process. You end up taking in a whole lot more calories than you think. You have to think before you put anything in your mouth. Good luck I hope to see you posting very soon about how much success you are having.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Feel to add me for support,i feel the same way at times.
  • pamwyatt
    pamwyatt Posts: 3
    Options
    :smile: :smile: i know how youj feel since i turned 50 i seem to struggle more and more and over the last year and a bit i have put on 18lb. i feel good in myself . i have over 100lbs to lose. before my dr told me about this site. i was pleased i losed 3 kilos (6;6lb) in four weeks. Now finger cross and alot of willpower i hope to rid this this excess weight. i hope you will get back on track and some times drs don't seem to have any consideration about peoples feelings when they talk to them. so get a big smile on your face and find some willpower good luck x
  • gussy92
    gussy92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bmy name gee iam exarmy ive got a few injuries and iam going threw depression i was 130kg now iam 98 i have 2 get to 85 and my dad gives up smoking ive got no one in my life except my dad, bro and small extened famiy iam 41 i have 2 take morphine just to get moving in the morning for the pain what i do 2 motervate my self is set small goals num one its great your on my fitnesspal it great it realy helps and i put together my fav dance and motorvation music which all ways makes u feel good and to build my fittness i swimm 3 days a week and it makes u feel so fresh and alive and keep a diary only of your positive training touughts a nd the BIGGEST NO NO OF ALL DONT WEIGHT YOUR SELF BECAUSE IF THE SCALES DONT TELL U WHAT U WANT U WILL FEEL DOWN GO BY YOUR CLOTHES HOW U FEEL IF U CAN TRAIN HARDER 4 LONGER THE BIGGEST MISTAKE SOME PEOPLE MAKE THEY TELL POEPLE THEY GO 2 THE GYM AND WHEN THEY WALK IN THE GYM DOOR THEY MIND STAYS IN NUTRAL IT HAS TO SWITCH ON AND U ARE IN A POSITIVE PLACE SO U SHOULD TAKE THE ENERGY AND TRAIN TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILATY AND DONT BE SCARED TO ASK 4 HELP THEY IS ALWAYS SOMEONE WHO WILL HELP YOU STAFF OF NOT AND IAM HERE IF YOU EVER NEED 2 TALK SORRY ABOUT THE SMELLING MISTAKES
  • Kelmbrent
    Kelmbrent Posts: 3
    Options
    Totally sucks!!! bad thing is its a circle!!! the worst you feel the less you want to do.... I've been there!!! but I find that when I push myself to do more the better I feel! gets the circle going in the right direction! better you feel the more you feel like doing! find ways to add in a little more exercise here and there!!! You can prevent that future if you choose to!!!! Good luck!
  • susiesweets
    Options
    Hang in there! I've struggled with my weight my entire life starting at adolescents (bah please forgive my horrid spelling). I have traveled between sizes 8 and 24 up and down like a ladder. I find it helps to think of it as a game tracking calories and trying to exercise off enough to have a treat fairly regularly. I also keep myself motivated and honest by publicly announcing my weight... well to my family and friends on Facebook (which I despise by the way the announcing that is). I also have little mini goals. At 20 lbs lost I got to have a pint of Ben and Jerry's Coffee Health Bar Crunch Ice Cream (my favorite) and now I have to get back down to 20 lbs lost :( but that was due to a camping trip complete with roasted marshmallows and s'mores. The next treat will be at 35 lbs gone and so on until I hit my final goal. Little steps at a time and little rewards along the way. Use the meds as motivation. Think about them as your shopping for groceries and maybe you'll be more inclined to pick-up healthier meals :)
  • mocchioni
    mocchioni Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. Hang in there with this. I have felt the same when I lose some and then gain back what I lost plus more. I have faith that with the help of this tool and some encouragement from fiends you can do it. Just keep a positive attitude and that will help.

Please feel free to friend me if you would like.

Take care and keep the faith.

Mark
  • annemama
    annemama Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Well it looks like you have a lot of support on MFP!! I love how most people on here really seem to care about each other. So, pick a few (or all of them) and send a friend request. I'm going to send one to you right now. Then, go to the store and stock up on things that you like, that are good for you, and that are easy to prepare. Buy a variety so that you don't get bored! Read through some of this message board... especially the success stories, for motivation. If you have a friend who will walk with you or work out with you in your living room, I find that very motivating. Don't give up... I know it's hard and sometimes lonely, but there are thousands of us here with you!

Beth