HUNGRY

Options
Is anyone else HUNGRY all the time? Or is it just me?
I feel like 1240 calories isn't enough to keep me satisfied.

Replies

• susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Options
    increase your calories!! are you exercising alot? and eating back your exercise calories? :smile:
  • andrewlazenby
    Options
    Drink water? I found that the old saying that "hunger is quite often thirst" to be true. While I do get WAAAY more calories because I am a 6'2" male compared to my 4'11" wife, I still had to battle the "hungry" all the time feeling.

Also, you may need to listen to your body and give it some quality calories above and beyond on occasion because it needs them.
  • sharoniballoni
    sharoniballoni Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry all the time, which is why I eat a lot of vegetables. They have a good fullness to calorie ratio, so I can eat more without going over.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm not. I eat about 1500 calories (regardless of exercise). I choose my foods carefully. Fueling my body, and feeling satisfied are as important (or more) than taste, to me.

What are you eating in those calories?
  • jb83
    jb83 Posts: 38
    Options
    I can eat 3000 cal and still feel hungry.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    look at what your eating. Diet pops will make you hungry. Sometimes your body needs water and that can make you hungry also. How much water are drinking?
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I feel like I am ALWAYS hungry! My husband hates eating and would take a pill daily to replace eating if he could-crazy, right? I always tell him that I think I have a worm in my gut eating all my food :) I seriously could eat all day, although I have an active lifestyle, so maybe that isn't all bad.

I agree with the previous comment about drinking more water. I think I'll try that too!

If you are super hungry, raise your calorie intake or eat a lot of low cal veggies to feel full.
  • jessiv814
    jessiv814 Posts: 1
    Options
    I feel this way too lately! I can't snack at work, and when I have a snack on the way home it barely holds me over at all! I tried eating fruit and a granola bar today but I was hungry shortly after! I drink 8 glasses of water during the day time, so I don't think it is thirst but it has been very hot lately. I just started using this site this week, so I have been making it my goal to log all my food this week and not stress about how many calories I take in as long as I am eating when I am hungry and being honest with myself. Even with logging the exercise I am still over, but I am going to let the scale and more importantly how I feel at the end of the week be the judge of what next weeks food intake looks like. I have tried to be so restrictive in the past that it just backfires on me in the end!

Good luck!
  • TayPat24
    TayPat24 Posts: 131
    Options
    when im hungry and have already met my calorie intake for the day I drink water to help stop my hunger
  • BAFilek
    BAFilek Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    TODAY!! I guess I wasn't really hungry, just wanted some oral fixation (don't get in the gutter!). I had crackers and nuts and crap... I think I was just too tired today to care.
  • HealthFreak1967
    HealthFreak1967 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    3 words: eat more fiber
  • lsegatti
    lsegatti Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I would be hungry after eating a granola bar and fruit also! Way too much sugar for me, it makes my blood sugar levels go up and down too quickly. Try eating more protein, even a piece of low fat cheese, cottage cheese snack, etc. might work better?
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    caffeine and/or chewing gum = hunger is gone for me. I'm used to it now though and only get hungry if I haven't eaten anything in like 18 hours.
  • Chipmunk222
    Chipmunk222 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness that I am not the only one who experiences this. Water nor food would satisfy me, I could eat all day long and never feel full.

The ONLY thing that worked for me... and I have been doing this for two weeks now is to mix a full scoop of protein powder with a cup of plain, unflavored Greek yogurt and I eat it like pudding 3 times a day. It does take some getting used to, as it tastes kind of different but it works and it sure beats being hungry all the time and eating everything in sight.
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness that I am not the only one who experiences this. Water nor food would satisfy me, I could eat all day long and never feel full.

The ONLY thing that worked for me... and I have been doing this for two weeks now is to mix a full scoop of protein powder with a cup of plain, unflavored Greek yogurt and I eat it like pudding 3 times a day. It does take some getting used to, as it tastes kind of different but it works and it sure beats being hungry all the time and eating everything in sight.

I used to have your problem, but with prolonged healthy eating I get hungry at the right times and feel full at the right times. I don't know how long ago you started but decreased carb/sugar intake (unless it's already low/normal) and decreased food intake in general will balance out the hormones responsible for cravings and hunger. :-) So there's that to look forward to.

Then again I'm perfectly happy eating more when I'm already full so that's a different problem. Haha.
  • nikkiw283
    Options
    your diary isn't public, so what are you eating within your 1240 calories? that has so much to do with it. if you are meeting you calorie goal with lean cuisines and and other prepacked diet foods that could be your problem. also if you have a high intake of artificial sweeteners that can bring on the hungry feeling too. i am on 1200 calories a day. i usually eat some sort of oatmeal for breakfast with fruit and coffee, then try to get some good protein in at lunch. i usually try to get a good balance of carbs and proteins for dinner to help with hunger later in the evening.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Nope, but I am on maintenance and consume between 1800 and 2800 calories per day, depending on my daily exercise, and eat plenty of protein and healthy fats.

A good and low calorie way to fill up is by eating roasted chickpeas with some tomato and herb seasoning. You can find recipes online, very easy to make, incredibly filling. Or you can buy bags of them in health stores.

Another option is hard boiled eggs, not too high on calories, very filling, especially duck eggs.

Also, get some Total Fage 0% yoghurt, stir in some protein powder, and stick in the freezer for a while, or mix protein powder with almond milk and maybe some cocoa powder, and freeze that for a while. It really fills you up for around 250 calories for half a large pot.

Cottage cheese is another great filler upper.
    I never find veggies that filling, only high protein foods.