Name droppers!!!

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
"famous" people you've met?

-Ron Jeremy at a bar (lol)
-James Gandolfini at a strip club (more LOL)

Both gentlemen were exactly like you would expect

-I interviewed Decathlete Dan O'Brien(back in the dan or dave era) for school newspaper

Replies

• ChasingHaven
    ChasingHaven Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Met Jeff Dunham after a show in Vegas.

Went to school with Jim Abbott, the pitcher with one hand.

A friend from high school just won an Emmy. He's an animator for Nicklelodeon, and while he's not a household name by any means, he's worked on shows such as Power Puff Girls, Fairly Odd Parents and currently Tuff Puppy. He created Baby Poof from Odd Parents.
  • azscr
    azscr Posts: 8
    Options
    Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, Jon Anderson (Yes), Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Julius Erving, to name a few.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Lance Armstrong
    Michael Buble
    Dave Grohl
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Ralph Macchio
  • TimedEventSystem
    Options
    Danzig
    Doyle (The Misfits)
    OhGr (Skinny Puppy musician as well as the actor for Pavi Largo in Repo! The Genetic Opera)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I met Mick Jagger when I was 18. I dated the nephew of the tour manager during their 40 licks tour, and we got backstage. Met Keith Richards also. Mick's lady-friend at the time was 3 months younger than me (18, but barely).
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Closest I came to a celebrity...I sat next to Evander Holyfield on a flight once. (My dad's an airline pilot...yea, we get to fly first class.) He was HUGE and slept the whole time.

:ohwell:
  • nalfavi
    nalfavi Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    The closest I've been to meeting a celebrity is actually more like one of those chain games. My mother's coworker was on a plane a few seats away from Sisqo.

OH! And I met a local band named JParis a few times. The actually remembered me from the first time I met them, so that was pretty neat.
  • sassydebbie67
    Options
    I met Chip Coffe from the Parnormal State Show... He was staying in the Hotel i was working at back in 2008...
  • LewisMrsType
    Options
    I worked in a restaurant so I SAW (didn't meet, but my friends did) Brook Hogan, who I stood right next to, thought she looked familiar, and answered her question as to whether or not Macy Gray was playing (I don't think it counts when you don't realize who they are until later. Really weird because I watched that show a lot.). I also saw Matthew Lillard. Also in the restaurant. You'd think celebrities would eat somewhere other than Ruby Tuesday, considering how many awesome restaurants were in the area....
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I met Dr. Drew at a restaurant I managed a few years back. He was polite, funny, and seemed very sincere in listening to all my idiot friends asking him dumb questions :)
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hmm my dad's best man at his wedding was a drummer in a Grammy award winning tejano band :) and i partied with kiefer sutherland (24), more like partied at the same bar (it wasn't a big bar) right before he got arrested for violation of probation lol
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I served onion rings to Ellen DeGenerous and Anne Heche.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Sam Elliott and Katharine Ross - at a hotel in CA, we were on our way to my Grandparents' for Christmas, and my mom's Movie Boyfriend has always been him, he walked down the hall that morning and said "mornin' Ma'am" to her, and she told me later she about melted and that it was the best Christmas present ever. My younger brother and I caught their dogs in the hotel- they were running out the door when someone opened an exit- so we held on to their dogs for them, and met them. I've also met John Travolta's niece- she's a local radio personality in our city- and her uncle does come here to see them in productions they are starring in locally.

ETA: forgot- hubs walked right past Cuba Gooding Jr., when he was filming a movie outside my office, and I ended up behind Angie Harmon in my friend's soup restaurant - we were ordering lunch, and I totally didn't know it was her I was next to- and I was always a Law & Order fan.. (she was in the same movie with Cuba Gooding Jr that was being filmed here)
  • cararq
    cararq Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Closest I came to a celebrity...I sat next to Evander Holyfield on a flight once. (My dad's an airline pilot...yea, we get to fly first class.) He was HUGE and slept the whole time.

:ohwell:

:laugh:
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I haven't met anyone famous :(

But my aunt's ex husband got into a fight with Eminem years ago and then he sued him because Eminem "pistol whipped" him for kissing Kim.. I know that doesn't count but I thought I'd share it anyway. LOL. That's all I got.

ETA: I also saw Danielle Fishel (Topanga from Boy Meets World) sitting in the audience when I was at an Nsync concert a loooooong time ago.... I think she was dating one of the guys. Lol.. Yeah, I'm lame. :/
  • Merithyn
    Merithyn Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I once spent four or five hours in a bar talking to John Elway about football. At the time, i was a sports writer, so it was an amazing conversation for me. I learned so much about how a quarterback thinks during a game.

I have also met Joe Biden, Jesse Jackson, Sr., George W. Bush, and John Edwards. (I worked the Iowa caucuses for the 1988 elections.)

ETA: Oh, I forgot a few! And Oprah! I was on her show in 1994 because I had twins. :laugh: I met Danny Bonaduce when he was a radio personality in Chicago because I won a Valentine's Day Brunch from him. And I've met all of the members of Gaelic Storm after one of their shows.
  • jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I went to broadcasting school with Prancer from Flavor of Love 3. She dropped out of that school because they weren't training her to be VJ.

ETA: I sat near Jared from Subway at a Buffalo Wild Wings in Michigan. It was kind of odd, he had a girl with him who was wearing (hospital/physician office) scrubs and they were sharing the largest plate of nachos I've ever seen and a pitcher of beer.
  • LittleLessCurves
    Options
    Robin Williams :)
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Literally ran into Drew Barrymore on Duval Street.