DISCOURAGED

Options
I am really trying to lose weight but it is so hard for me... I am a snacker so its hard for me to find something interesting to snack on... I exercise with 30 day shed and I am only doing the modifications but I dont see much progress... I have a thing for the weight watcher snacks and the 100 cal snacks... help please...lol:sad:

Replies

• angellmoore
    angellmoore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Just stick with it. Snacks are fine as long as they are within your total calorie goal. I am a snacker too. That is why I eat every couple of hours, but little meals. When I first started I snacked on things that were not the best nutritional choices. Now I choose better food. I gave up unhealthy snacks for almonds and fruit. I finished 30 day shred twice. Now I am on to Ripped in 30. Today was day 2 and all my muscles hurt. But it feels great. Stick with it. You will notice a difference. Not only did I lose a few inches, but I was able to finish it the second time doing it the hard way. Plus eat more protien. It helps keep you full for longer. Feel free to add me if you want extra support. I like to encourage my MFP pals. :) angellmoore
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I am really trying to lose weight but it is so hard for me... I am a snacker so its hard for me to find something interesting to snack on... I exercise with 30 day shed and I am only doing the modifications but I dont see much progress... I have a thing for the weight watcher snacks and the 100 cal snacks... help please...lol:sad:

You can still snack but choose healthier options! Those 100 calorie packs really add up if you can't control how many you are eating.

Try yogurt, light string cheese, veggies, lean meats etc. All these things are more likely to satisfy you than those sweet treats. I'm not saying DON'T have those, because there is room for them in your plan but don't over do it.

It's all about making small changes. It can lead to something BIG :) (or something little lol)
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    I am a reform(ing) snacker! I recommend 1/2 c of Greek Yogurt with some honey for snacks... that stuff sticks to your bones! Or always keep a supply of fresh, cut up fruits or veggies measured out in portions ready to grab. =)

You can do it... just stick with it! =)
  • ncgingerich
    ncgingerich Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can open your diary so that folks can make suggestions that might help...:flowerforyou:
  • invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can open your diary so that folks can make suggestions that might help...:flowerforyou:

Agreed. It's almost entirely a matter of calories in/calories out -- although some foods are more filling (such as protein or slow carbs such as beans and leafy greens).
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options

Agreed. It's almost entirely a matter of calories in/calories out -- although some foods are more filling (such as protein or slow carbs such as beans and leafy greens).

I agree too...also, how long have you been at it?
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    I find that the 100 calorie snacks and "diet" snacks do not fill me up and leave me wanting more. Look to have protein with every meal and snack and a small amount of carbs. Apples with peanut butter, cheese with grapes, greek yogurt with a little fruit. By eliminating processed foods and eating whole, real foods you will be amazed at how full you will get! My other go-to snack when I am REALLY hungry is Sea Point Edamame. VERY filling for very few calories.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hang in there--it sometimes takes a while to see changes.

For snacking, try some fresh fruit. Sweet, but very few calories.
  • jenniprr
    jenniprr Posts: 119
    Options
    You can have snacks! I would recommend more nutrient dense snacks and whole foods. I like Greek yogurt or a home made yogurt parfait, fruit, light string cheese, a little natural peanut butter on an apple or on rice cakes, a healthy smoothie, or some nuts.

It's OK to have 100 calorie packs but, I know for me it makes me crave more sugar, more processed foods and more unhealthy carbs. Heck, I have a sweet tooth myself and I usually have some some fat free / sugar free frozen yogurt, a little bit of dark chocolate or a glass of fat free chocolate milk once a day. Since I have gotten away from the 100 calorie packs my cravings have drastically diminished though! Good luck! You can do this!