30 Day Shred - August 1, anyone?

Options
So i keep telling myself i'm going to do this, i've started twice and always find a reason to stop or lose motivation. This is it, last month of the summer. I want to really do it this time and i'm hoping if ia group of us do, we'll be able to motivate each other not to quit. Here are my stats:

Weight: 141

i need to take my other measurements at home (at work doing this right now). i mostly want to drop 2 dress sizes and about 20 lbs, i've had 4 kids and i HATE the way i look, i'm frumpy and cannot wear anything form fitting, while i used to love tank tops and bikinis n the summer, now they are my mortal enemy.

i was thinking of the 30 DS and combining it with the Couch to 5K. Anyone want to do this with me? maybe tell us our stories?

Replies

• hollybod
    hollybod Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    oh yes me I am going to start tomorrow. i am going to portugal on holiday on sept 3rd so want to be beach ready.

start weight 157 also going to go now and measure arms legs and tummy . feel free to add me :)
  • kayrevan
    kayrevan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow!

Starting weight is 237. I will get other measurements at home tonight!
  • Meraid
    Meraid Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm actually starting today but I'll report back here anyway :D
    My weight from my last weight in day (Every friday) is 171lbs. But I know on the shred, the number isn't what matters. I do have my measurements at hand though, so I'll be able to tell the difference there. I also have before pictures :D Woo. I'ma go do it now, see you all again tomorrow!
  • melissadearbonne
    melissadearbonne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ok, I started today. Day 1. Also ran/walked 1 mile yesterday.

Starting weight 199. Lets keep each other motivated!
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow too. I'm also going on holiday in Sept.

I'm 35 and SW is 177 lbs. I've took some measurements and plan to measure after each level.

Good luck everyone.
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I could have written your post word for word, except I am 37. :) I'm in for August! I will add you as a friend. I have found that I need to see that motivation on my friends list, not just in a group. I don't visit the groups every day and it is easier to forget about it.
  • Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing both. I'm on Week 5 of C25K and L1D3 of 30 Day shred. Feel free to add me.
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am doing a combo of c25k, 30DS and insanity lol my little exercise cocktail!

I will have to go find my measuring tape, its been a while since i have measured anything, but I know I am 21 years old and 173lbs at 5'4 :)

I will post my measurements later, and anyone feel free to add me!

-meghan
  • WishingOnEveryStar
    WishingOnEveryStar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to start both with you tomorrow!
  • rjpvptdpt
    rjpvptdpt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    this is great timing! I just did L1D1 today for the first time - out of the blue I decided to try a fitness video to jump start my body again (had been doing mostly cardio as stress relief/ lose baby weight with random strength exercises, but I hate strength training and should not be left to my own devices).

How do I keep track of this thread throughout the month to keep up on everyone's progress?

And how frequently are you guys planning to do the video? I'm thinking 3x/wk. I also have a 5k training app on my iPhone and was thinking of starting that too (used to do 10k+ length for fun but that darn pregnancy fatigue... :) )

I've never been much of a group or team participant (hello, only child-ness!), but I'm really looking forward to the group motivation.
  • goodcoffy
    goodcoffy Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm in...going to purchase my video today. I'm ready to give this all I got! I'm on W7-D3 C25K with only one week left... so time to pick up the speed and work on my strength.

CW: 259.7
  • bissabwell
    bissabwell Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll take measurements and weight tomorrow morning.

Melissa
  • Meraid
    Meraid Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Ah so much sweat today aha. I want to try and do it every day, but I will probably take a day off after the start of levels 2 and 3, because of inevitable soreness.
  • Dailygoals
    Dailygoals Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey, put me in for this. I'm also jogging three times a week. I plan on walking the other four days. Starting at 141 lbs.
  • shaunagirl
    shaunagirl Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I started it yesterday and am doing C25K also which I have been doing. Would love to join the group!! I plan on having Sunday as a rest day.

Stats-
    Age-32
    Height-5'3
    Weight-198.8

I will post my measurements later.
  • TayPat24
    TayPat24 Posts: 131
    Options
    I think this is a great idea and a great motivator.

Weight: 215.8
    Height: 5'4
    BMI: 37

I am very over weight and I need to get in better shape! I do not have a measuring tape at the moment but my pants size is 18 and my shirt size is XL. which at the age of 19 really sucks!
  • mysterythatbinds
    Options
    I'm in too! I've just started running last week and I want to add 30 day shred. Anyone, feel free to add me as a friend. We can do this!
  • Baroness
    Baroness Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Me too! Im in New Zealand, 36 yo, weigh 165 with 20 lbs to lose.
    Im doing measurements and photos today - and am hoping my Aria Scale turns up today too, so I can do fat%.
    Good luck to those 30DSing it!
  • monasuli
    monasuli Posts: 99
    Options
    I am starting too! I want to drop 2 sizes and 25 pounds.

weight: 145 pounds
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow! I watched the video today during lunch to get a feel for what to expect!
    I am 31 and 9 pounds away from goal----going too slow! I need to tone up and lose some inches!