HRM Suggestions

Options
Hello!
So I've recently been researching different types of HRM to try and decide which to buy. Preferably, I'd like a strapless HRM that's around $100.
Do any of you have some suggestions as to what to get? I'm completely lost and unsure!

Thanks
Jenny

Replies

• Alicemarieed
    Alicemarieed Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    What's a HRM ? I'm new to this
  • sweetpickle84
    sweetpickle84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have a polar f4 and love it! I don't know what I would do without mine!
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    What's a HRM ? I'm new to this

heart rate monitor

Edited to say which one I have! Polar FT4...Love love love it
  • degausser234
    degausser234 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    A hrm measures your heart rate and helps determine how many calories you are burning.
  • clintbritt3
    clintbritt3 Posts: 123
    Options
    I have a NewBalance one (but it does have a chest strap, I don't even know it's there) and it was only $70, and it has been awesome, no problems at all! They can be pretty pricey so I thought this one was good for the price, counts calories, fat % burned, has a timer, saves workouts for you, it's also a watch, and I get compliments on it because it looks nice and feminine (it's white) it does more, but I don't have it on me at the moment..... :)
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    To the OP: Why do you want a strapless?
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Polar FT4, and I LOVE it. It does have a strap, but I really don't even notice its there. I've jogged, walked and used the elliptical with it and it hasn't been uncomforatble. And with a strap you get a very accurate reading.

Lots of people like the Fitbit, but it doesn't measure heart rate I don't think. Just calories burned, stairs, steps, distance etc.
  • scorpio61
    scorpio61 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have a sportline I haven't had any problems with it, It tracks up to four users. I got it at Walmart a couple years ago, it came with a strap as well. I can just wear the watch and touch the front of the watch with my index and thumb and get a reading. Or I can wear the strap and get a continue reading. I like it I think it was like $60.00 or $80.00 I'm going to get a wireless one to go with the app I just downloaded to my smart phone. I can track my HR with any cardio exercise I do and comes with gps for my bike rides They run $80.00 as well Theres a lot of good ones out there It all depends on what you like and what your going to use it with By that I mean some gyms have machines that work with Polar and so on Good luck:)
  • degausser234
    degausser234 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    To the OP: Why do you want a strapless?

I guess I just thought that maybe I would find it irritable, but reading from other poster it must not be noticeable.