Derby Girl - Fresh Meat

Options
Hello All,

I've been using the site for a while, but I never really introduced myself. I am a teacher, singer, guitar player, writer and new derby girl! I lost 120 lbs. prior to joining the site, and now I use the site to monitor my maintenance plan, track my exercises and working on losing the last 25 lbs. or so I want to lose.

I only started doing derby at the end of May. Prior to that, I hadn't skated since I was 12.

Any other derby enthusiasts out there?

Catslyn
(Metalligirl 67)

Replies

• MDawg81
    MDawg81 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    you should add my friend niccivicious. she used to derby.
  • PineappleMartini
    PineappleMartini Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm a former derby girl! I had the best time as a derby girl and I wish I hadn't hurt myself so badly that I can't do it anymore. Glad to have you here! :)

(Kamikaze Bomber 13)
  • brassballa
    brassballa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey, Congrats on your new derby lifestyle ...i'm a retired skater in Memphis. I just started on this site a few months ago. LOVe this website it has kept me in check excited for future change. SO what do you think of derby life?
  • Queenie_O
    Queenie_O Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Derby Girl! What team do you skate for? I have friends on the St Louis and Portland (OR) teams. I've seen a few of their bouts and it looks like so much fun, but I'm more of the Jeer Leader type myself. Good for you getting out there and giving it a go!
  • catslyn
    catslyn Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks for all the hellos! For those who asked, I skate with the Port City Roller Girls in Stockton, Ca. I just started training, so I'm not on a roster yet.
  • catslyn
    catslyn Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm a former derby girl! I had the best time as a derby girl and I wish I hadn't hurt myself so badly that I can't do it anymore. Glad to have you here! :)

(Kamikaze Bomber 13)

I hear so many stories from my teammates about injuries. In fact, we just had someone break both bones just above her ankle during a bout. She will be skating again, though. Were you injured in a bout or a practice or something else?
  • PineappleMartini
    PineappleMartini Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I hear so many stories from my teammates about injuries. In fact, we just had someone break both bones just above her ankle during a bout. She will be skating again, though. Were you injured in a bout or a practice or something else?

I got injured during a practice. We were practicing falls and my knees decided to twist out. I'm still not able to make lateral movements well without pain but I'm able to move forward and backwards pretty good! :)

I was watching a great game and saw a girl break her FEMUR. It's near impossible to break that bone! But - most injuries are "minor" and heal well so you're able to get back in the rink.
  • ladytrixibelle
    ladytrixibelle Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm an Aussie derby girl - feel free to add me!