Is there any people who have had weightloss surgery on this

Options
I'm wondering is there any body on this site who has had any type of weightloss surgery that uses MFP to keep a track on their food intake?

Karin :flowerforyou:

Replies

• wetbuns21
    Options
    my sister and brother in law did last year boy have they aged,slim but so old and wrinkle and they look sick hardly no water and nutrition.i would never do that and all so no muscles to weak to excercise.i'm glad i didn;t do it lost 95 pounds on my own it takes lomger but i can excercise ,and feeling better every day omly 84 pounds to go lol:love:
  • FitnessJourney
    Options
    bump
  • tigger2009
    Options
    My Brother is looking into weight loss surgery. Has Diabeties and is tired of being overweight. I think he has not tried enough to loose it first. It is scary to me he is want to do this. I know allot of people have had it done but just because of that does not mean it totally safe and healthy. I think your body would adapt to loosing weight better than a shock to it by the weight loss surgery.

For me, I feel I can loose the weight. For the first time In my life I am confident I can! I am not looking at the big picture I am doing little goals at a time. I mainly want to be healthy and also what has sparked me to do so is my husband was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and he is loosing weight and doing good. So I am sort of following what he can eat to help me too!
  • filly
    filly Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi

I had WLS about 18 months ago and it was a decision I'll never regret.

I've lost a significant amount of weight in the last 18 months, and have about 35 pounds to go.

I found this site as now I have a smaller amount of weight to lose, I'm finding it tougher to motivate myself. I like being able to record my food intake and exercise. I think this site will really help me in getting to goal weight.

There are good things and bad things with WLS. I have found though that it's been very positive for me. I am able to participate more fully in life now, and do things I only ever once dreamt of doing. I exercise regularly, and think I look pretty darn good for the whole experience.

Karen :)
  • karinds
    Options
    I'm glad to see there are a few people here too that have had WLS. It is not an easy decision to make and I know this from experience. I have had great success too and I am over 8 years post op and unlike the comments above I am not weak, I can exercise and I can also eat everything just in smaller portions. I have regular blood tests etc to ensure i am at the peak of my health. I only have about 13 -15 blbs (6kgs) to lose now just to get to that final goal. it's no big problem if I don't but it would just be nice to finally reach the target i set out to achieve.

Thanks for sharing.

Karin :)
  • tigger2009
    Options
    I hope I was not being too forcefull in my opinion earlier today as I don't fault those who have had success with WLS. More power to you ladies! I am just worried about my brother. But on the flip side he is worried he won't live a long life if he does not do something like this.

Again, congrats to those who have your success!