Wii Cardio (Golds gym) or Biggest loser?!!

Options
Which is better, Wii Cardio, the golds gym one or the Biggest loser game?!
Im torn which one to get, and I THINK Im leaning towards the cardio, but I heard the biggest loser has cool features like calorie counting and stuff..
All I have now is wii fit (the original) and only use the hoola, some toning, and the jog features...
And I have the my fitness coach which is kinda boring and very gym-like.. IM more into the games I think and fun!!

So which is a better workout?
And which is FUNNER?

Replies

• judithwelch
    judithwelch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't have the Biggest Loser game. I have the Gold's Gym Cardio and I love it. I would highly recommend it. You can choose between a prepared workout based on how hard you want to work out and A La Carte workouts. After completing some of the boxing exams it will open up the option of training under the exercises. So you can set the amount of time you want to work them instead of just the 3 minutes. You can choose your trainer and the clothes they wear. You can also change the clothes that you are wearing. There are 3 scenes you can workout to and multiple songs to choose from. The workouts can be very challenging but fun at the same time.

Judith
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I have Gold's Gym Cardio, too, but I really didn't care for it. I'm probably going to end up selling it. The game seems to be mostly cardio boxing, which isn't my favorite thing to do. But if you like boxing on Wii Sports, this might be the game for you. I don't have Biggest Loser so I can't really offer feed back on it.

By the way, I just got the new Wii Fit Plus and it also does some calorie counting for you. It tells me I've burned way about twice as much calories more than my HRM does. I'm not sure if the Biggest Loser would be more accurate or not.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I have TBL game and I really like it so far! It's awesome. Does have a calorie-counter but I don't know how accurate it is yet because I am STILL waiting for my HRM to arrive in the mail.

(*&^%^@&%^$!!!!!!!) :explode:

That being said, I've read a lot of complaints that the Biggest Loser game isn't very accurate in how it records calories so.... I don't know! So far I like it. I've also got Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 but have yet to play it.... (just picked it up on the weekend)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I can't vouch for Gold's Gym, but I do have Biggest Loser. It's a good workout game! But if you're looking to have your butt totally owned by a workout, go for Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010. I run & hide from that one and I own it!
  • MercuryBlue
    Options
    I can't vouch for Gold's Gym, but I do have Biggest Loser. It's a good workout game! But if you're looking to have your butt totally owned by a workout, go for Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010. I run & hide from that one and I own it!

Lol. Part of the reason I haven't played JMFU2010 yet is because I'm terrified of it. Even more terrified of it than of the Silent Hill game my hubby bought me that I both want to play and hide under my couch. I figure, hey, I'll play TBL and work my way up to Jillian. She intimidates me!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Oh, she doesn't say much during the workout. She's very encouraging, actually, and only about as rough on you as Bob in Wii TBL. It's the actual workout that scares me. My first time, I ran for 5 mins, did like 60 jack knifes, 100 jumping jacks, yeah... it just got scarier from there. Definitely going to be a while before I can take the beating.
  • lemonllama
    lemonllama Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Haha thanks..
    Well I heard the wii cardio boxing was fun now that you can use two wiimotes, butttt i hate/suck/cant do/failed at the wii boxing on wii fit.. soo thats whats kinda making me nervous about the cardio!
  • CrystalT
    Options
    Haha thanks..
    Well I heard the wii cardio boxing was fun now that you can use two wiimotes, butttt i hate/suck/cant do/failed at the wii boxing on wii fit.. soo thats whats kinda making me nervous about the cardio!

You know that commercial for GameFly.com where people are crying over "bad games" they bought? That was me and Wii Cardio. I no longer buy fitness games for my Wii before I try them. My hubby already had a GameFly account. If there is a new game out I want to try, he puts it on the list and I wait until I try it before I buy it. I was really excited about Wii Yoga and I had put it on the list for GameFly. My MIL gave it to me for Christmas. I hated it, too. At least I didn't pay for it. GameFly may sound expensive at first, but I just think of all the money we've saved by not buying games we won't play.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Does GameFly do the Netflix thing where you can download it directly to your TV? Cuz that would be awesome. Just download it to your Wii, try it out, and if you like it at the end of the demo, you buy it!

WF boxing is tough, and takes TONS of practice to get right, but once you get it right, it's like tying your shoes-- don't really have to think about it anymore, y'just do it :)
  • judithwelch
    judithwelch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do the Wii Gold's Gym Cardio almost every night. I have only had the game about 3 weeks and there only a few combinations that I have problems with. I am not fit at all and I can do it. It is much easier to do it with the 2 wii motes then with a wii mote and numchuck.
  • CrystalT
    Options
    Does GameFly do the Netflix thing where you can download it directly to your TV? Cuz that would be awesome. Just download it to your Wii, try it out, and if you like it at the end of the demo, you buy it!

WF boxing is tough, and takes TONS of practice to get right, but once you get it right, it's like tying your shoes-- don't really have to think about it anymore, y'just do it :)

I don't believe so. I think they only use snail mail. They are pretty quick. He usually gets a new day 2 days after he mails one back.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I have a question about TBL Wii game. Is that something more than one person can do at once?
  • MercuryBlue
    Options
    I have a question about TBL Wii game. Is that something more than one person can do at once?

Yup. You can have a bunch of people with their own files competing against one another, I believe. I know you can have multiple accounts. Only one person can work out at a time though (or, is that your question, lol?) using the balance board and Wii remote. You could probably have more than one person working out at once, but the system would only be tracking whoever is using the balance board and remote.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options

Yup. You can have a bunch of people with their own files competing against one another, I believe. I know you can have multiple accounts. Only one person can work out at a time though (or, is that your question, lol?) using the balance board and Wii remote. You could probably have more than one person working out at once, but the system would only be tracking whoever is using the balance board and remote.
    Yeah, I meant how many can workout at a time? My friend wants me to come over and play it with her after work, but she can use the equipment. I can just stand beside her and do all the moves. :)
  • vanillagirl18
    Options
    I LOVE the biggest loser!
    also, the golds cardio is good. but TBL is more like having a trainer. you do something new everyday! and they weigh you and keep track!
  • MercuryBlue
    Options
    I just did another Biggest Loser workout last night and LOVED IT. Honestly though, Bob is the BEST. Also got off my duff and did one of Jillian's total body workouts.

I've got to say, if you want HARD CORE, go with Jillian. Her workouts are much tougher! I actually didn't mind it. I jogged for five and a half minutes though and then went into the circuit. Was I ever sweating! Followed that with a Bob workout which seemed easy in comparison. I think I might have to go from intermediate to advanced on TBL.... but I just love WORKING with Bob. This is going to sound psychotic but there are times when I'm like, "I've got to go play TBL- I don't want to let Bob down!"

Yes. I know. Bob isn't real. At least, videogame Bob isn't real. Nonetheless.....