I feel like bingeing

Options
I have gone nearly 7 weeks binge free and I am so determined not to do it. I don't need it. I keep thinking it will get easier to say no to wanting to binge at some point in time, but it's still something I have to keep at the forefront of my mind every single day. I don't know why the feeling is so strong tonight. Maybe I'm putting pressure on myself to keep up my streak. Idk. I keep hitting milestones... 5 weeks, 6 weeks, 7 weeks... doesn't it have to end at some point? I know I don't have to be perfect but I just really don't want to mess up and fall back into my old horrible habits.

Idk what this is, just getting some feelings out I suppose :/

Replies

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Peachy hang in there. Are you really hungry or just wanting foods because you are emotional.

Maybe you can make a healthy small snack. If you only have one serving of something you cannot binge. Or find something active to do. You can do it:bigsmile:
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I already had some cereal and chocolate chips which is my usual evening snack... I am not physically hungry.

I'm trying to keep drinking water and tea to keep me feeling full. I think the feeling is passing somewhat but ugh :/ I dunno what is triggering this tonight.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    hang on Peachy!! You're stronger than the snack.....hold on!!!!!
  • Eve23
    Options
    Have you tried changing up your evening snack. For me cereal always makes me want more cereal.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a piece of cheese and a cracker or a piece of chocolate can have the fat that satiates.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    Options
    A big cup of herb tea can really help and be very soothing.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    Options
    Have you tried changing up your evening snack. For me cereal always makes me want more cereal.

Nah, I am in the habit of eating it so I have the exact same thing every night. I mean, I used to be in the habit of bingeing on ice cream every night so if I broke that habit I can break this one haha. I just feel like I'm gonna keep wanting the cereal no matter what. I'm not sure what to try instead.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    Options
    What about a mini pop and a diet soda?
  • RuthSweetTooth
    Options
    LOL I mean a mini popcorn
  • Eve23
    Options
    My new favorite nighttime things is avocado pudding or ice cream. Seriously it takes my sweet tooth away. Now I don't do it every night. Maybe a few times in a a week. But oh so good.

I make mine with a half avocado
    3 tbsp cocoa (Less if your not a cocoa person)
    about 3 or 4 tbsp honey, ( some may like it sweeter)
    And a tad bit of almond milk ( this is what I use , can be changed up though)

Some optional things touch of salt ( seen it on one of the recipes), vanilla, I am going to try peanut butter.

There is one idea,, I am sure others have ideas as well.
    Hang in there
  • Sheryl79Klein
    Options
    Hey, changing your evening snack is a great idea. My suggestions would be to try a homemade smoothie full of fresh or frozen fruit and add plain greek yogurt. If you can consider adding a little bit of protein powder. This has just enough sugar to curve the sugar that some people feel in the evening. You can also try adding some kind of puffed cerceal to add a texture plus it would give you some of that cereal that you think you need. This is something that I snack on when I feel the need for sugar. However, if it is only because you are used to something, break the habit! Fresh fruits and veggies will help those feelings of binging. :tongue:
    You are strong enough to stay on the course you want. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • RuthSweetTooth
    Options
    I've never tried that . . .I love avocados though.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    Options
    Ooh, the avocado pudding sounds really good! :) Maybe I will try that tomorrow. I think the feeling has passed now that I've written it down and talked about it. I think I tend to internalize my feelings too much. Talking always helps. For a while I was drinking Powerade zero every night when I felt like bingeing. Popcorn sounds good too. We have a popcorn popper that I rarely use, maybe I should break it out for a change. Thanks so much for the suggestions and support <3
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You will feel so proud of yourself tomorrow Peachy! I'm rooting for you :flowerforyou:
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Peachy,

Yes, the streak will end - you are only human after all.

Give yourself permission to have a mini-binge then go back to your program.

Don't let one slip derail you.

You can do it!
  • loserit
    loserit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I was trying to stop a binge myself. This thread really helped!
  • YMCAgirl38
    Options
    I totally understand what you're goin through. I have been diagnosed with binge eating disorder and go to a therapist twice a week. I can't wait until I make it that long with out binging.

It's hard right now, but the feeling will pass. Just like any other feeling ( happy, sad, etc... ). Tell yourself that "just for today" you will not binge. The just for today part is important because it doesn't put the pressure on you to remain binge free forever. You are stronger than you think.

Is something going on today make you feel the need to binge? Journal and figure out what it is that you really want. I can promise you that unless you haven't been eating enough, food is not the answer.

"Just for today" you can remain binge free. You are doing better than you think. You are stronger than you think.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    Options
    Now that I've spent some time thinking about it I think it's because I've been alone at home all night and I had a hard day at work. Everyone has hard days sometimes. I shouldn't let that get me down and I'm sure tomorrow will be better!

YMCAgirl, I promise you'll get there. I was also diagnosed with BED last year and I never dreamed of making it this long without a binge. But, somehow I have. Stay positive and remember you are strong too <3

Seriously thanks so much MFP friends. This night has completely turned around.... I appreciate the support more than you can imagine.
  • theNurseNancy
    Options
    Having the smart pop butter popcorn in the pantry kept me from eating the chips that were also in there! Maybe having the healthier options sitting right nest to the unhealthy (if you have to have them!) will help too.
  • munchlaxx
    munchlaxx Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, you've been doing really well about this. You know the feeling won't shake off just like that. You'll have your bad days sometimes...this disorder isn't something that would magically be gone for good, even if you are doing so well. It's a lifetime struggle and you just need to make sure to stay STRONG. Don't let it control you. <3