Theatre options - Popcorn or no popcorn

Options
Heading out to the movies tonight and wondering whether or not to have some
Popcorn. It's not a common event for me and I do like the whole theatre popcorn experience. Just wondering what kind of options others heve come up with. Let me know.

Replies

• skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    I don't have anything at the movies. I refuse to pay the prices!!!!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I sneak in my own air popped popcorn. There are few foods as caloric as the popcorn served in theaters. I can think of way better ways to spend my calories. . . a big steak, for instance would be about the same.
  • hs1956
    hs1956 Posts: 16
    Options
    Here's a link to the calorie content of various theatre popcorns by theatre chain. Most carry as many calories as an entire meal.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/162676-nutritional-analysis-of-movie-popcorn/
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    My mom brings her own bag of micro popcorn in her purse! LOL and a can of diet coke!

I personally like a nice lolipop (that rare time I can actually get to a movie) - lasts a long time, but not that many calories.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    I can't handle their prices. Love the popcorn on occasion but I could go to the movies another time for the price they want for popcorn and a pop around here. Family size packs of candy etc at $5 when you can get them for $2.50 at convenience stores or $1.50 at box stores...
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    I usually get nothing. If anything, a big Diet Coke. No sense in paying $8 for a snack that's only going to make me mad at myself the rest of the day.
  • verbalriot
    Options
    i always bring my own popcorn in my purse! The popcorn they sell is expensive anddddddd has way too many calories.
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend and I get the popcorn...but that's also dinner...and it is refillable...so we get it

also, in terms of cost...Costco sells movie theater tickets :)
  • MDS369
    MDS369 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything at the movies. I refuse to pay the prices!!!!

LOL, the prices are insane!
  • MDS369
    MDS369 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Did you, or didn't you?
  • weeNorm
    weeNorm Posts: 14
    Options
    I did! No guilt. No shame. :D

Thanks for all your comments! Next time I'll try to sneak in my own snacks.