Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sugar Calculation?

I added the sugar column to my diary. I cannot consume (white, brown, honey, etc) sugar , but I thought I'd just add it in to see what they would suggest in a balanced eating plan. I had one plum with lunch, and a peach with dinner and I'm 14 over?

Maybe someone can explain it to me.....

Replies

• ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    I don't find it to be important unless there is a medical reason too.

On with the fruit! :D
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Bleh, I'm always over on my sugar, even if everything else is under/on target.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    MFP has it set stupidly low. Protein, too. Don't worry about it unless you're diabetic or pre-diabetic. I changed my goal to 65g. I like milk, yoghurt and fruit.
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Are all the sugar grams coming from the fruit? If so, they're naturally occurring fruit sugars and not to be worried about.
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Are all the sugar grams coming from the fruit? If so, they're naturally occurring fruit sugars and not to be worried about.

Wrong. Sugar in fruit is still sucrose - just like cake. It is even very high in fructose, which is a toxin to humans. However, fruit is a *very good* source as far as sugar goes because it comes with fiber to help process the fructose., and tons of essential micronutrients like pectin, potassium, vitamins, etc.

It is still sugar though. Just saying.

OP, the general guideline is to try not to exceed 40-50g a day. Bonus points if almost all your sugar are necessary sugars like lactose in milk and sugar from fruit, and none of HFCS. I personally try to keep it under 25g.