Thoughts on Special K Diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Temptations always going to be around, special K diet or not.

If it wasn't your room-mates it'll be a coworker in the office who loves to bake and doesn't want to wind up eating it all themselves so they generously bring it in to the office for everyone else to eat, they just love baking and have to do it ;)

Or the non-stop family gatherings on a monthly basis where everything rotates around food.

I'll take a piece of cake / dessert whatever it is they have and carry it with me for a bit while they're focused on food, they see I have some (sliver) and are satisfied that i got some, even if it ends up in the trash, they were happy I "had some" I didn't get bothered to take another piece etc.

Take the recipes you DO enjoy and cook a lot ahead, freeze it, portion it out, whatever you can do that works for you.

Thanks I think Ill try your suggestion. Temptations are getting me a lot because I don't have the support by friends or family and they make me feel guilty. But Ill have to try to freeze foods

I am the baker who does not want to have it in her house, so I brng it to work, neighbors, etc! LOL!
  • musiche
    musiche Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My thoughts... How can one food be a diet? And one food that's 100% carbohydrate... It could be, perhaps, PART of a healthy diet if combined with protein and a ton of other less processed foods. Stick with mother nature as much as possible - whole, unprocessed, real grains and variety.

I don't think Special K would ever fill me up in the morning or keep me going for long. Especially how much they suggest as a serving... I love Kashi cereals, they have more protein and more whole, unprocessed grains (depending on which one you get). I have cereal every morning, with a ton of blueberries & raspberries, milk and a boiled egg or too for some protein.
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Why do that when you can enjoy a well rounded diet with any food you choose including special K?
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    All it is is calorie reduction. They figure you eat 500 cals in a meal, so if you have 200 cal bowl of special k instead, you will lose weight. Skip it and do something smarter like making meals smaller yourself and with protein and veggies instead of carby cereal.
  • di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    its a load of processed crap that will keep you hungry all day.

I agree. They are just making it seem so easy to lose weight so they can get your money. Make a protein shake of your own with lots of fruits and veggies. It tastes better and is better for you. You can't eat that way forever and when you go back to replacing food for the shake or bar they have, you'll probably gain some weight back.
  • jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Processed foods and high glycemic index foods are both evil. This plan is full of both. I would recommend further research - many more plans are out there with real food.