Replies

• lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    you look great
  • mocchioni
    mocchioni Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! What a huge success for you.

Mark
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Oh you look so good and so happy!! Keep it up! May the next 20 fall off swiftly :smile:

ETA: Did you run throughout your weight loss months?
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great job!
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have officially lost 60 pounds as of today, weighing in at 179.2lbs down from 240lbs at the beginning. I also ran my fastest mile ever today, clocking in at 9:54! Life is good, and I felt like showing off my results so far. :)

Feel free to ask any questions! I'm also looking for some inspirational friends or friends who need inspiration here, so feel free to add me as a friend. :)

Here I am last summer at 240lbs and this summer, at 180!

gxV2v.jpg

YOU look Amazing! Awesome dedication and determination have definitely paid off. Congratulations! And go get those last 20 pounds girl!
  • proudaunt
    Options
    What a difference a year and 60 lbs make! Congratulations, you look amazing :smile:
  • plisha729
    plisha729 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!!!
  • elizabeth205
    Options
    You are an inspiration to a beginner like me. Thanks and keep leading the way!
  • SARAHSMILE01
    SARAHSMILE01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • jvbadillo
    Options
    You look absolutely fabulous, you are just glowing with pride and happiness! You should be extremely proud, all of your hard work has paid off! I was feeling a bit down ii;ve been off track for the last two weeks but your pics gave me the confidence boost I needed to start anew in the morning! Thank you for sharing your success story and keep up the good work!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great.
  • Aljn27
    Aljn27 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. I am about 5'8 and you encourage me to go on. Great job!:smile:
  • allthesunshine
    allthesunshine Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments, guys! I appreciate the encouragement and am happy to offer inspiration to you as well!
    Oh my goodness! You look fabulous! My goal is similar to yours. I am 5'7" and I'm aiming for a 55lb loss, but I do know that is the top of my goal range and I really need to lose between 55 and 75 pounds. I have lost 11 pounds so far. I'm determined to make it this time. I do have a few questions for you;

1. How did you determine what your goal weight would be?
    2. Did you have to adjust your diet and fitness along the way? And if so, how and what did you do?
    3. How do you reward yourself for attaining goals? I've been trying to think of non-food (LOL) rewards.

Thanks for offering to answer questions - I hope to be in your position some day!

To answer your questions:
    1. When I first started, I chose an arbitrary goal of 175 pounds. Weighing any less than that was inconceivable to me, so I figured it would be a good place to aim for. As I lost more weight and had my body fat analyzed in a bodpod, I realized 160 would be a much healthier, and in fact obtainable, goal. Really, smaller goals are what are most inspiring to me, though, as they give me acutely attainable goals.
    2. I started at about 1600 calories and slowly whittled down to 1200. At 1200, I would sometimes get quite dizzy and didn't always feel 100%. I've since started a very active job, luckily, and can get away with 1350 calories a day with the same weightloss and less dizziness. Anyway, so yes, I lowered my calories as I lsot weight. As far as exercise, I never really altered it a whole lot along the way... I just upped the intensity and pushed myself to new goals as my old routines got too... routine. For exercise, for me it's always been about making myself uncomfortable... pushing myself a little further past what feels hard into what feels impossible... running until I want to die, and then running 10 seconds longer... or holding a plank until I feel like my abs will explode, and then holding it 5 more seconds... things like that.
    3. Haha, this one I kind of use reverse psychology on. I reward myself with things I need. None of my pants fit at ALL? Looks like I'm wearing dresses until I meet my next goal. Hair look like a bird's nest? No haircut allowed until my next goal. Stuff like that really pushes me, because I know that I'm going to start suffering a little if I don't make my goal.
    Oh you look so good and so happy!! Keep it up! May the next 20 fall off swiftly :smile:

ETA: Did you run throughout your weight loss months?

Yep! I've been running the whole time, save for a few lulls. I never got any kind of huge endurance, though, because I never really pushed myself hard enough. That's my goal right now, though!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Wow you look terrific!
  • Inspired30
    Inspired30 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! This is why I love MFP :)
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    fantastic!
  • Leahh999
    Leahh999 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great job! Very motivating and thanks for the tips!!!
  • sugargrenade
    sugargrenade Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look great! We have almost the same stats - I'm 5'7, my starting weight was 226 and I'm now down 60lbs, AND 170 was my goal weight.

You look so so so good!
  • camiller02
    Options
    Congratulations. I know the power of weight training. It shrinks your body even when the scale is stuck. You have inspired me to move forward.:flowerforyou:
  • CJPreston07
    Options
    Great job! I'm in the same boat. Lost 60 looking to lose that last 20.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!