30 Day Shred Before and After pictures and results!

Options
Hello everyone! I am starting Jillian Michaels 30 day shred tomorrow (August 1st) and I am looking for some inspiration. I will post my before measurements tonight when I get home as well. Can people PLEASE post their before and after pictures and measurments, as well as any good tips for sticking through the 30 days? Thanks for your help! :)

Replies

• ccole4
    ccole4 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    ITS HARD lol JM is tough
  • JaniceK73
    JaniceK73 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was planning to start that tomorrow too! Thanks for the added inspiration. I will take some measurements in the morning...not sure I'll get to pics but love to keep track with you. Good luck!
  • JaniceK73
    Options
    I was planning to start that tomorrow too! Thanks for the added inspiration. I will take some measurements in the morning...not sure I'll get to pics but love to keep track with you. Good luck!
  • iamers
    iamers Posts: 74
    Options
    I started it yesterday, I have already taken my measurements and will post a before/after picture :smile:

Also, good luck!!
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    the befores and afters of the shred usually aren't that dramatic. depending on your weight it burns 150-250 calories, which is around 2lbs lost in 30 days. it also is mostly cardio so there will not be noticeable muscle gains. big differences will be mostly due to the diet of the model!

it's a fun way to increase your fitness from ground level and get your heart active for 20 minutes a day, but it's not going to sculpt your body unless you diet strictly and do supplemental strength training.
  • ccole4
    ccole4 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    :embarassed: Apologies if i sounded rude. Didnt mean to good luck to you all!
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/685397-progress-pics-8-wks-13lbs?hl=8+wks+13lbs#posts-10016139

I didn't do it every day - took about 7 weeks, but I still felt good about the results. I finished this past Friday.

I actually re-started Level 1 tonight, with heavier hand weights.

I never took measurements - dumb.

Please excuse my dirty, dirty bathroom mirror.
  • Caligirlk22
    Caligirlk22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can see a great difference :) Thanks for the added inspiration!
  • TheGoalDigger
    TheGoalDigger Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I made a group for anyone starting it the shred tomorrow - It's okay if you're a few days ahead

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/7472-august-1st-30-day-shred-12

Feel free to join :)
  • eviegreen
    eviegreen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    the befores and afters of the shred usually aren't that dramatic. depending on your weight it burns 150-250 calories, which is around 2lbs lost in 30 days. it also is mostly cardio so there will not be noticeable muscle gains. big differences will be mostly due to the diet of the model!

it's a fun way to increase your fitness from ground level and get your heart active for 20 minutes a day, but it's not going to sculpt your body unless you diet strictly and do supplemental strength training.

Wah? Did we do the same DVD? 30DS made a huge difference to my body and I didn't do any supplemental strength training, nor did I diet strictly. And the DVD isn't at all mostly cardio. It does cardio as much as it does strength.

OP, I don't have any pictures because I'm camera shy, but here are my measurements from the 30DS:

Neck: -1"
    Biceps: -1"
    Forearm: -1"
    Chest: -2"
    Waist: -3"
    Hips: -3"
    Thigh: -2"
    Calf: -1"

-14 inches total! Which might not sound like a lot, but my body looks vastly different and much, much more toned. I had very little muscle definition when I started, and now I can see it.
  • beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I will join you Starting tomorrow,feel free to add me.
  • patiblue
    patiblue Posts: 44
    Options
    I'm on day 20 so far. Level I - I did for 6 days Level 2, now for the 14th time today.
    I see good results so far and I feel good. I am considerably stronger than when I started, I can tell because I can do the push ups now and can keep up the pace with them on tv.

Be dedicated. Do it everyday, and you will see results. Go ahead and take a rest if you really need but it's so easy to miss a day and not go back.

You will feel better in your clothes and if you don't see a big change on the scale then you will in inches lost. Measure yourself before you start!.

In 20 days I've lost 5 lbs and 3.75 inches on my thighs and hips and waist combined

Feel free to add me as a buddy I'm always looking for more motivational friends!
  • msprouse8
    msprouse8 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I started Sunday. Tonight was my 3rd Workout..aside from being extremely sore Monday morning...it's not been too bad. I'm looking forward to seeing some results. Good luck to you all.
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Great DVD. I did it last year. It is tough and you certainly feel like strangling JM, but stick to it and work hard! You WILL see a difference.
  • findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I began with Insanity am almost finished with the first round... On my "day off" I do the JM 30 Day Shred level 3. I will be moving to the 30ds as well as the ripped in 30 b/c of time restraints when school begins again in a couple of weeks. I look forward to seeing some pics and will post mine after 30 days.
  • FinsUpBindy
    FinsUpBindy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 8 of level 1...my thighs are crying haha feel free to add me! Good Luck!
  • JaniceK73
    Options
    Good morning.
    Measurements...weighed in at 171.4 this morning and took 5 key measurements for an inches total of 155.25. Here's to lower numbers by Sept 1st! Looking forward to dusting off the Jillian DVD later today. :)
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday and boy is it hard! However, I like how Jillian combines strength and cardio! It's pretty quick too, you won't realize that 30 minutes are up!
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I did L1 D8 last night. I have owned the DVD for a little over a yr and have started it multiple times. But, I've neve made it further than L2. I am committed this time. I have done it many nights at 10:30, just b/c that was the only time that I could fit it in. I have 3 kiddos that play ball and rodeo. But I can definitely tell that I am getting stronger! I cannot do the side lunges in the 3rd circuit b/c it kills my knees. So I do a tricep kickback w/ a squat combo instead. I did take pics on D1 and plan on taking pics on D11, D21 and D30, I am determined:) I will post pics as soon as I get finish it.
  • RGorman621
    Options
    I keep putting off starting. I guess there is no better time than tonight. Here's to sticking with it and finally following through!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!