Where do you like to.....

Options
Hide your diet foods???

If your like me and have kids and/or hubby then you know what I am talking about!! I have hidden things in an empty "Fiber One" box in the refrigerator or cabinet because I KNEW they would not go in it because they HATE it!! Truth be told so do I!!! But its the only way I can keep the family from eating MY healthy stuff!!!

So I ask you again where do you hide stuff???

Replies

• JLWesterlund
    JLWesterlund Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    In plain sight. My husband is not going near anything that say Lite or Fat-Free!!! Why are you hiding the healthy food?
  • rooster70460
    rooster70460 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have two kids that will eat EVERTHING in plain sight. I could buy them a bag of doritos and they will eat them in one day and come after my healthy stuff!! I cut up a watermelon yesterday and my 12 yo ate the whole thing!!! Granted it wasn't one of those big oval ones but a round one!!! They are eating machines!!!
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I don't hide 'my' stuff, but everyone in the house knows it's mine and they are not allowed to eat it unless they ask.
  • yarwy
    yarwy Posts: 43
    Options
    I have a stash@ home & @ work!! I have 2 teenage daughters that will eat whatever they can find too!! I hide just my treats in a drawer in my kitchen--otherwise I'd never get to have one!! One cleans out the sweets & the other, the savory....So I know what you're talking about...LOL!!!:sad:
  • almart007
    almart007 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i put my things on an upper shelf will put them behind other boxes. My wife will tend to eat up the things i use for snacks that are good but then she doesn't let me know that they're gone so i go to get a yogurt or fiber one bar and all there is is an empty box. Fiber one were my go to breakfast on the run type of meal.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I think you should buy more. It's great that they want to eat the healthy stuff. It always makes me smile.
  • rooster70460
    Options
    I have a stash@ home & @ work!! I have 2 teenage daughters that will eat whatever they can find too!! I hide just my treats in a drawer in my kitchen--otherwise I'd never get to have one!! One cleans out the sweets & the other, the savory....So I know what you're talking about...LOL!!!:sad:

Thank you!!! I use to think is it just me that it ticks me off!!! I don't mind buying all healthy stuff but I am not the type that eats it all up in a couple days!! Its so frustrating when the bf eats my healthy stuff then 2 hours later want CRAP FTOM TACO BELL!!!!
  • rooster70460
    Options
    Not to mention EVERYTHING diet is double the cost of regular stuff!!!
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    I have one cupboard in the kitchen that the kids all know is off limits to them. It's mom's healthy/legal stuff. They only dipped in once and depleted the resources... wasn't I ticked when I went to get something to eat to find NOTHING legal in the house! I blew my top, guilted them... yes, horrible mom I know... but I was grumpy from being hungry. LOL! They don't touch it anymore, so apparently effective. If they want some, they ask or .. my youngest works out with me to earn it, LOL! How awesome that it's starting to be considered a reward? For clarification though, I don't have little ones... mine range from 13-18... so they do understand
  • almart007
    Options

Thank you!!! I use to think is it just me that it ticks me off!!! I don't mind buying all healthy stuff but I am not the type that eats it all up in a couple days!! Its so frustrating when the bf eats my healthy stuff then 2 hours later want CRAP FTOM TACO BELL!!!!

Hey Rooster you really need to hear the OREO Cookie Blues I'm trying to find a copy to send to you. i really think that that song is my theme song. LOL :)
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    i hide it in my car. my brother eats ALL of my food. No matter what. I spent $50 on groceries for myself the other day and he ate almost everything already. That was suppsoed to last me for more than a week! So into my car it goes.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Perishable foods I keep in the outside fridge that people rarely go into and non-perishable foods go in a box in my closet (which I usually forget about until I do my monthly room cleans).
  • xxcandywrathxx
    xxcandywrathxx Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    in the draw next to my computer, currently contains shakes, bars and peanutbutter.
    I live with 2 guys that are massive on the massive scale...they eat everything. If its not hidden or labeled it will just disappear!
  • almart007
    Options
    I have one cupboard in the kitchen that the kids all know is off limits to them. It's mom's healthy/legal stuff. They only dipped in once and depleted the resources... wasn't I ticked when I went to get something to eat to find NOTHING legal in the house! I blew my top, guilted them... yes, horrible mom I know... but I was grumpy from being hungry. LOL! They don't touch it anymore, so apparently effective. If they want some, they ask or .. my youngest works out with me to earn it, LOL! How awesome that it's starting to be considered a reward? For clarification though, I don't have little ones... mine range from 13-18... so they do understand

I have a 23 year old daughter who when she comes to visit automatically knows where i used to hide my sweets like little Debbies and Suzy Q''s it always freaked me out because she would go straight to the cabinet i put them in no matter which cabinet i used and even move the other things i put in front of them to get them.
    I also recieved a support notice today in the mail. Little Debbie and Suzy Q are coming after me because i quit buying their stuff and now they're having trouble making the payroll and paying their bills.. LOL
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. Although my husband does not really snack, so I am safe there (he also will go to the store and buy more fruits and vegis if he polishes these off), my kids (2 and 4 years old) on the other hand have a differnt problem. They are beggers! I am more than happy to give them their own granola bar, fruit, etc.; but they ALWAYS want to eat the one I am eating! It gets frustrating! Equally frustrating is when they want to try my healthy snack, don't like it, and throw it to the dog or in the trash! This stuff is expensive, and while I do not mind them eating it, I get very aggitated when they barely take a bite then waste it. Ok, with my own personal rant over...

The best advice I can give you is have a spot that is for your "treats" only. If they would like one, then they need to ask first-put a reminder note on it. (It sounds as though your kiddos are old enough to respect that) Also, if they really like the foods you are buying for you, get them some too. Much better for them than the junk food! Plus, it will help you in the long run if the WHOLE family makes a lifestyle change. Then when you reach your goal weight, it will be easier to maintain because everyone around you will not be eating a bunch of junk that you have worked hard to not over indulge on.
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    I have a mini-fridge in my room. The problem with others getting a hold of my healthy stuff is that to them, it's just another thing to eat, but for me, they're my only things to eat, and they go fast when multiple people eat them, which results in trips to the store every 2 days. I don't like to overstock on perishables either. Also, if I suddenly run out of food, I'm more prone to getting fast food than doing an immediate trip to the store.