Too much protein....

Options
So im over in my protein, is it bad that i am over?? Is there a lever where its okay?? I do the shakeology shake everyday- i try to anyways- but like today im over with just having eggs and a light tuna casserole. And it has me 6 over right now... again is there a limit where i should keep below? I work out very hard- turbo fire and chalean extream- very intense workouts. :)
thanks folks!

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    you're fine--don't worry about "too much" protein. Just meet your calorie goals, choose whole foods when possible, and have treats in moderation and you'll reach your goals.
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    When I first registered here, MFP gave me goals of 60% carbs and 15% protein, which is
    very low in protein, in my opinion.

I changed them to 40% carbs and 30% protein.
  • Carrie3B
    Carrie3B Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a "lower carb" thing for 2 weeks (still getting my veggies and limited fruit) and I am getting quite a bit of protein (what else can I eat ha ha?!). I'm also lifting a lot heavier. I think you CAN get too much protein but we have to eat loads more for that to happen!
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    No such thing as too much protein, especially as MFP's default setting is WAY too low. When I lifted weights I tried to get about 100g a day.
  • RealMattHopkins
    RealMattHopkins Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It has never happened that I have stuck to MFP's protein suggestions. Whenever I am losing weight and feeling good, it's a higher protein diet though what I did is add the saturated fat tab to my matrix so I am careful on that. I want good fats, not bad fats and healthy and clean proteins will accomplish that.
  • clhandwerk
    clhandwerk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Awesome guys thanks so much for your posts! yeah i make sure calories are at the goal or lower and yeah since i am lifting i thought that if i had to go over that at least it was in the protein area! :)
    Thanks again!!!
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I swear there is one of these threads everyday. (No offense my new friend)
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    Echoing the above.... MFP's protein setting are way too low. Aim for at least 1g of your body weight in protein.
  • clhandwerk
    Options

Apparently i was too lazy to go searching thru the hundereds of threads to look for my answer. :)
    But thanks new friend. next time ill look thru the threads first before posting a repeat question. :)
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

Apparently i was too lazy to go searching thru the hundereds of threads to look for my answer. :)
    But thanks new friend. next time ill look thru the threads first before posting a repeat question. :)

Thank you soo much, that'd be great.
  • jjefferies7
    Options
    go to the ER immediately your kidneys are going to burst
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    You're fine unless you already have your protein goals set to very very high. MFP automatically sets your protein goals to basically the minimum that you need, so you can go over plenty. MFP tells me to get like 50g a day but I generally aim for 75-100g.
  • clhandwerk
    Options
    go to the ER immediately your kidneys are going to burst

BUHAHA nice one. :) Thanks ;)