MFP 1 Year Anniversary, 50 lbs down, w/pics...

Options
I technically joined MFP in February 2011 after having my second baby but didn't fully commit to changing my life until 8/1/11. My top weight was 232 at the end of my pregnancy with my first child and I managed to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 205 (so not good to begin with) the week I found out I was pregnant with our son. I got up to 225 in my pregnancy with him and lingered around 210 until August 2011.

Here I am on 12/15/10 at about 215lbs (I'm 5'5):
DevonsFirstBirthday-35.jpg

Here I am in August 2011 at the very beginning of my journey. I'm about 205 here:
IMG_2666-1-1.jpg

I started out by exercising everyday and eating about 1200 calories. I didn't eat my exercise calories back in the beginning and was very strict although I eat some if not all of them back now. I never deny myself anything but the awareness that logging my food has brought me causes me to choose wisely.

I try to eat lots of veggies and fruit and try new recipes and foods that are just healthier in general. Stuff like cottage cheese, greek yogurt, substituting thin bread or only eating half a bun with a burger, sharing food or simply having a restaurant put 1/2 of my meal in a to-go box before they even bring it out to me.

As for exercising I've mainly focused on cardio. I'm excited because I'm about to venture into the world of weights so I can have a lean and toned body. My exercise includes walking, tennis, Dance Central for Kinect, step class, zumba, eliptical, mountain bike, stationary bike and sometimes I'll alternate my walking with light jogging. I move every day no matter what. I LOVE exercising and feel more energized and productive after a workout.

Here I am on 2/2/12 for my son's 1st birthday. I am approximately 165lbs:
Aquarium.jpg

Finally, here I am today at about 155lbs:
IMG_1370.jpg

I eat approximately 1500-1700 calories/day and try to burn at least 500 calories/day. I like to mix up my routine a lot although I do walk our dog every morning so that is kind of a staple. I'm very proud of my hard work and am very proud that it rubbed off on my husband and he has managed to lose 40lbs through it all! I was also asked today to share my story and be the member of the month at my gym (24 Hour Fitness)! It's neat to have them notice this transformation! I just wanted to share my success because this website has been crucial to my awareness, my choices and my success.

Replies

• Big_Daddy6
    Big_Daddy6 Posts: 188
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • degausser234
    degausser234 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great job :)
  • g3322
    g3322 Posts: 16
    Options
    Awesome job! You look absolutely amazing! Congratulations on your success! You are an inspiration, especially to us post baby body mommies!
  • erins89
    erins89 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!!!! Way to go!!!!:happy:
  • going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    wow!!!! well done
  • Ilangilang
    Ilangilang Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    wow, amazing....
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • waterskimomnh
    Options
    Weigh to go! You look awesome and you must be so proud of yourself. It takes a lot of hard work and determination to stay the course and be focused!

Congrats to yourself and hubby!
  • kympow
    kympow Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look awesome!!! Such an honor to be asked to be member of the month :)

I also commend you on taking your now pic with a clean room in the background :) Especially with kids :)

Great job and you should feel soooooo proud!!!
  • foraubs
    foraubs Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Great Job. You look beautiful. You totally deserve to be member of the month! :flowerforyou:
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! I had a similar start weight after having my son recently, can't wait to get where you are. I also have an older daughter :)
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud of yourself, you have done a fantastic job
    Girrl you are rocking that skirt!!
    Wow, and look at those legs!
    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Ivy

ps, did you say how tall you were?
  • futurestarz
    Options
    I am starting at just about the same point as you were. I hope I can look back in a year with such amazing results too!
  • cloycekb
    Options
    You look great! Good job! I know what you mean about having a start date, and a date that everything is more serious. I have been losing and gaining the same 5 lbs for 4 months now, and it is time to get back on track and make some real progress again. You are an inspiration! :)
  • caseyjade88
    caseyjade88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great job! Such an inspiration! :smile:
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    Wow awesome transformation! Truly an accomplishment to be proud of ! Your teaching your children how to maintain a healthy lifestyle ! I think I recognize the place on the pier for your sons b-day .. Was it on the Seattle pier ?
  • quickchekgal
    quickchekgal Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Wow, good for you! Congrats!

P.S. In your after pic, you look too young to have a baby....seriously. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!