17 Weeks Along...

Options
Hello all! Thanks for taking the time to check out my success story. I am just over the halfway point for my first goal weight and have just recently broken through a 2 month long plateau!

April1-July31.jpg

Seeing these two images together is just what I needed to keep myself motivated! I'm loving the difference in my waist! Goes to show you what 17 weeks can do to your body. I was starting to get discouraged these last 3 weeks or so, not seeing the scale move was very hard on me. However, I stuck with it and am really glad I didn't give up.

Goodbye plateau...I'm on my way to my first goal weight and nothing is going to stop me :tongue:

Replies

• tazzywinkle87
    tazzywinkle87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Awesome stuff! I can really see the difference. Keep it up and you'll be at your goal weight in no time!!! :)
  • armadillolabrat
    armadillolabrat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Your face and midsection are showing great progress! Keep going. Currently experiencing plateau myself but am also sticking with it. Thanks for posting.
  • Tucsonwoman
    Tucsonwoman Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look awesome and I can see a big difference in your before and after pictures. Your face has slimmed down and you have a waist! I remember when I saw myself developing a definite waist again, it's exciting! Good for you! Keep at it!
  • Julietecosse
    Options
    Hello all! Thanks for taking the time to check out my success story. I am just over the halfway point for my first goal weight and have just recently broken through a 2 month long plateau!

April1-July31.jpg

Seeing these two images together is just what I needed to keep myself motivated! I'm loving the difference in my waist! Goes to show you what 17 weeks can do to your body. I was starting to get discouraged these last 3 weeks or so, not seeing the scale move was very hard on me. However, I stuck with it and am really glad I didn't give up.

Goodbye plateau...I'm on my way to my first goal weight and nothing is going to stop me :tongue:

Congratulations. Keep going and you will soon reach that first goal.
  • Candicegay51
    Candicegay51 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    you look wonderful..keep up the great work
  • esco2142
    Options
    You look great! Keep it up :)
  • 0hayleyelyse0
    Options
    WoW! You GO Girl!!
  • JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud! I can see a huge difference, keep up the great work :smile:
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Your face and midsection are showing great progress! Keep going. Currently experiencing plateau myself but am also sticking with it. Thanks for posting.

Thanks everyone!

And I'm sure you've heard this a million times but your plateau will break eventually. I had to play around with my calories and exercise for a bit. First I increased my calorie intake by about 400 calories. After a month of that, the scale still didn't move (but I was thankful it wasn't moving UP either, haha).

Then, I decided to decrease my workouts just a bit and I increased my water a TON! I started drinking half my body weight (in ounces).

Still no movement.

Then I said, "Forget it, I'm going back down to -2/a week" which cut my calories down to 1280. After a week of doing that, and hitting the gym again, I lost almost 3 lbs. :bigsmile: So far it is staying off and I'm sticking to the 1280 calories. I'm also trying to only eat back half of my exercise calories (before I was eating them ALL back :noway: )

Good luck and I know you can do it! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!