Les Mills classes

Options
Hi I'm new here, do a lot of Les Mills classes, pump, CX Works, balance, RPM - none of which I can find in the exercise list... how many calories do they use up? Les Mills group fitness classes are very popular all over Australasia so someone somewhere must have calculated how many calories they burn off!! Any suggestions?

Replies

• Jewelforyou
    Options
    It's really going to depend on how hard you're working and if its Pump what weights you're using for the bigger tracks like squats, clean and press, etc.

But this report is an interesting read and might be useful as a guideline. It's was done quite an number of years ago so not all programs are there (like CX Works) and somethings may have changed with the other programs but they are basically the same (ie. pump is still pump)

http://www.holmesplace.pt/fotos/editor2/bc0203caloricexpenditure.pdf
  • mizmau
    mizmau Posts: 6
    Options
    heya i had this thought too so contacted les mills on facebook about this so hopefully they can get back to me and ill definitely repost if they can help :D xx i love pump, combat and balance
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    You should get an HRM, because it really does depend on how much effort you are putting in, you age, your size, your gender, and your fitness. When I didn't have an HRM, I just searched for an analogous exercise, like calisthenics or dancing.
  • mizmau
    mizmau Posts: 6
    Options
    hmmm yeah, that seems like good idea actually...may need to invest in one :) ty for the tip
  • maxineboag
    Options
    thanks everybody.:smile:
  • awake4777
    awake4777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    hi,
    I'm i the USA and have never heard of these classes. Good luck.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    When I was doing pump classes I wore my HRM. Calorie burn varies a lot depending on your height, weight and the amount of effort you put into classes.
  • maxineboag
    Options
    I looked at HRMs on Trade me and they vary in price from $12 to over $500. What do I need to tell me how many calories any particular group fitness exercise will use up?