Big Girl Trying Her Hardest!

Options
New to here. I got the app yesterday but officially started this all today. I LOVE it so far. Looking for new friends on here for some moral support.

Ashamed to admit it but I am 300 pounds and my overall goal is 180. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'll support you along as well.

Replies

• annemama
    annemama Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add you as a friend right now! The encouragement from each other will be fantastic... and by the way, your picture is beautiful!!!

Beth
  • CaitLett12
    Options
    Hi! My name is Caitlyn.. I am also near 300 pounds and want to lose 160.. Feel free to add me. :)
  • alsgillespie
    Options
    Hi girls! I'm also in that boat with you (man, must be a big boat :wink: ) add me please!
  • MonicaT1972
    Options
    You can do it...always remember your motivation has to come from within and you have to do it only for you and no one else. I started at 240 in January and was down to 180 by May. I was amazed at how easy it really was once I set my mind to it. Fell free to add me as a friend if you like!
  • mellyboo17
    mellyboo17 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am 300lbs too...well I WAS 330lbs so I know how you feel girl. We can do this, it sucks but it's worth it in the end =]
  • Lauren_3434
    Lauren_3434 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I just started also, I am 245 and so ready to be healthy! I added you as a friend. We can help each other!!!! Let's do this!
  • kazoooo8
    kazoooo8 Posts: 71
    Options

I'm a protrait photographer and some of my best clients are bigger girls. I was thinking how pretty your picture was too and how I want to "steal" that idea and pose :)
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • tisane42
    tisane42 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi big girls,

I just wanted to stop by and show my support. I'm closer to 200 pounds but very short and used to be considered morbidly obese. I'd love to be friends with anyone here and support efforts toward healthy eating. My food log is open to friends. (I'm mostly vegetarian.)

I also wanted to share my friend's blog. She's not on this site (she belongs to Weight Watchers and uses their app) but her blog and her story are really inspiring. She started at 385 and has lost 125 pounds so far.

http://advsinwtloss.blogspot.com/

Feel free to add me as well!
  • bellabijou
    bellabijou Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You have ALOT of support here - and you can do it if you commit yourself. We are all here for the same reasons :-)
    Feel free to add me as a friend, I'll support ya!
  • SapphireO
    Options
    I'm adding you as I'm looking for new MFP friends too! Big girls need support!
  • amandager
    amandager Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest that I know of I was 292 I started MFP at 271 and I'm now down 72 lbs. When I started on here I never thought I would be where I am today. The support here is fantastic and has helped keep me going. I'd love to lose another 50, but would e happy with another 25 to 30.

I'm all about expanding my support group and encouraging others. Feel free to add me if you'd like :). Good luck!!!
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options

I'm a protrait photographer and some of my best clients are bigger girls. I was thinking how pretty your picture was too and how I want to "steal" that idea and pose :)

No matter what your size, weight loss isnt easy. It is just as much, if not more, mental than physical. You have to overcome mental challenges along with physical ones. The mental part of any change is always hard. Dont look at it as a diet, its a life change! I am 228 pounds right now at about five foot eight inches and feel like I have a good figure but could be happier at 200 pounds and even happier at 170 pounds but one goal at a time! We are attracted to people and choose to date whom we chose to date. To say someone isnt beautiful because of their size isnt even close to truth. The pic on the beach is a beautiful pic! Confidence is beautiful!
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I do love the pose in your pic, I want to do the same thing next time I'm on vacation! I'd love to add you, we're the same age and I think we could both motivate each other. It is hard starting on here but it is the first step. :D Good for you for taking it, I know it was hard for me!
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I thought your profile picture was lovely too, shows you have a sense of fun.

Get yourself a good support network which and you will enjoy using this site.

It's nice to have friends who are kind and supportive on the good and bad days.

Mix those friends up with a few pals who will point you in the right direction and be honest but not in a cruel way.
    Having a laugh with your pals about life in general or a moan some days keeps you logging back on each day.

Good luck, I look forward to seeing your results in the future :flowerforyou:
  • 7bel0
    7bel0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have just a few things to say.
    1) Welcome to MFP!
    2) Add me if you'd like.
    3) Don't listen to the ones that put you down.
    4) You are beautiful and I love the beach as well! =)
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    I have just a few things to say.
    1) Welcome to MFP!
    2) Add me if you'd like.
    3) Don't listen to the ones that put you down.
    4) You are beautiful and I love the beach as well! =)

It's sad that a simple "introduction" has turned into this drama fest because someone had to put their inappropriate two cents worth in...

Is there a way to block people? LOL...
  • issydabrat
    Options
    Hi...I'm at 282 and working my way down the scale having just lost my first 5.6 lbs. Feel free to add me :o)
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Sending an add your way :) I am totes up for giving support, and would love extra support myself! :)
  • tisane42
    tisane42 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Click the little down arrow next to someone's name and choose "ignore user" if someone annoys you. It will be as if they don't exist on the site!

Well, except when someone else responds to stuff they say.