Why You Shouldn't Listen to the Scale (PICS!)

Options
jnhu72
jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
This is my 3 week progress pic. The first picture was a day after I started, and the second was today, exactly 3 weeks after the first one was taken:

I have lost 5.8 lbs since the first pic (not much for some my size-I'm currently 276.4 :embarassed: )
week14.jpg?t=1343785773

This is why I say you should not get to hung up on what the scale says-The first pic was 2 weeks in, exactly one week ago from today, and the second pic is today's pic:

pg6-1.jpg?t=1343785720
pg4.jpg?t=1343785629

According to the scale, I have GAINED 3.2 lbs since that one (it's been a week). I think I won't be weighing that much anymore.

Replies

• womanwithamission
    womanwithamission Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    We are living similar lives (CW 246), I've been tracking for 20 days now and I've only lost six pounds, tomorrow I weigh in, but everyone keeps saying how good I look and asking "how much weight have you lost". It's so silly, because I've only started exercising and eating lots for fruits and veggies, no precessed or fast foods and drinking lots of water. Keep up all of your hard work, you are looking great and you must be feeling good too.
  • jnhu72
    Options
    You sound like your doing great, listen to those people more then you listen to the scales!
  • new_blossom
    new_blossom Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    wow, that is so great. I can tell a big difference in how your body - especially the belly and bust area are shaping up and smaller. I am glad you posted those for inspiration for others AND the comment about the scale. It is saying I have gained this week too, by 5-6 lbs. when the week before I lost 4. My body does feel different and I can tell clothes are fitting different . I think I will not get frustrated anymore and stick with how I feel and the way clothes are fitting.

Ty for posting and congrats on your success so far!
  • Mustaine4Pres
    Options
    Thank you! I have seen nearly zero difference in the scale despite eating near my calorie goal and exercising 5+ hours a week for the last month. My husband says he sees a difference, but i don't. glad to know it is not just me. i am only weighing once a week so i don't go crazy.

keep up the good work!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    amen sister! i cant believe i have actually gained weight in the past couple months! i was at 157 and now the scale said 167 this morning, but my clothes fit better! ten pounds!. but my pics tell a different story! i dont worry about the scale so much! keep it up!
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I use the scale as a guidance but I really pay attention to the shape of my body, the fit of my clothes, and how much more comfortable I am in my own skin! Those are the important things!
  • jnhu72
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • zanasush
    zanasush Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    ohh just the thing i needed to hear.. I was really frustrated to see the scale last weekend, It shows that i have gained weight by
    0.2 lb. But i have noticed inches reduce from my body parts..

Thank you for this post, I am relieved.. I can continue doing what I have been doing..
  • maikastar
    Options
    Excellent! Look at all that work paying off!
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Stinkin scales!! They really are not our friends. Hard work, determination, dedication, and making lifestyle changes will kick those scales butts!
  • jnhu72
    Options
    Bump:)
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're stomach has really shrunk! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!