going over on sugar... will i still lose weight?

Options
It seems that i am going over my sugar allowance everyday - i eat alot of fruit (mostly melon) and that seems to change my sugar intake dramatically.

Does this mean i'm not going to lose weight?

I don't eat any sweets or chocolate.

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I doubt that eating melon is going to stop you losing weight, but I do think that variety is a good thing.

Maybe try swapping some of the fruit snacks for veggies, hommus, boiled egg, nuts etc if you want to drop your sugar down a bit.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    you food diary looks to be low carb, but hardly has any melon, so I'm confused. Being high in sugar but low in carbs won't be a problem, though some vegetables and other carb sources should be incorporated.
  • chloebarge
    chloebarge Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I dont think i have EVER been under on sugar, most of the time i have double what mfp recommends and i also eat lots of carbs. I'm still losing weight at a constant speed so it isnt doing me any harm :)
  • EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    When you get closer to your weight goal you *will* see a huge difference if you cut out more sugar, there's a certain point where sugar really does cause fat retention. I know this from experience. Try and never eat processed foods, they have so much random sugar! Fruit is not a problem until you eat fruit and a cookie and some juice (concentrated sugar) and other sugary things, then it can be bad. I'm hypoglycemic so I am trying to cut back on sugar too. :P
  • SophieMFP
    SophieMFP Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, I've taken sugar off my diary now because I hated seeing the red figures every day. Over the last 5 weeks I've lost between 2-4lbs per week, so it's not doing me any harm :-)