Anyone Counting Calories?

Options
Hey everyone! My name is Will. im just looking for some new friends to keep me on track. ive been slipping the past few weeks lol. dose anyone else successfully count calories? ive lost almost 50 lbs now and feel great. well talk to me :)

Replies

• poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I not only count calories, i have to watch my carb intake, I am diabetic.

You can add me if you like.
  • Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Well done on losing 50lb so far! What a great job!

I kinda figured we were all here counting calories. But I guess it's not all about losing weight for some of us :)
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Every last one!! It keeps me busy and stops me thinking about food so much, lol. Seriously I think I have found my maintenance level - been on a plateau for about a month now, gonna get some serious exercising done while the good weather holds!!
  • weightlosswil
    weightlosswil Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im almost there myself. many of my family members have that problem and it makes it harder for them. my grandmas bee working with weight watchers for years with no avail. And i think my mother has gotten bad enough that shes become Diabetic too. the hard part with here is that we can count her calories because she dosent eat enough to count. but she just cant stay away from the soda.
  • dawnslaughter
    Options
    yep for 7 years now, but i seem to be gaining even though i have started to excercise for 40 mins aday and i am more active in my life than i was when i started. but as my clothes fit i dont know why oh well
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    This is MFP. I thought counting calories was the main point of this program. Anyways, I have been very successful counting calories and have been on maintenance for over a year. My advice: count your calories and measure/weigh everything. If you haven't been doing that, you'll be surprised at what real portions/serving sizes look like. :flowerforyou:
  • weightlosswil
    Options
    THANKS!!! i actually dont exercise much aside from my chores outside. i found a formula to figure out my BMR and as long as i eat less that hat number i lose. i lose almost 3-4 lba a week and i can eat almost 3000 calories and still be safe. but ive gotten myself set on around 1500 a day.
  • weightlosswil
    Options
    lol good point jenilla i didnt even think about it as i typed it haha.