The less you have to lose the harder it is?

Options
2»

Replies

• jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I think its probably true....i'm certainly living the last 10 pound nightmare, first 50 easy compared to this :grumble:
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    True, I have been battling these last 10 pounds for four months!!!!
  • Sevio
    Sevio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 151lbs and I am trying to lose at least another 20lbs. It's been very frustrating as the weight is being very stubborn. :ohwell:

I hear ya on this one. I too am 151 and would love to lose 16 more. It's a PITA! Up down, up down I have been playing with the same 1.5 lbs for weeks now. UGHH!!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I think if you look at that way, you will make it more difficult. Focus on eating healthy, focus on eating enough and not starving yourself and focus on exercising and you will do great!!!
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I agree! When I was much heavier and started to lose weight about 5 years ago, I lost 30 pounds quick!! But for some reason I can't drop these pounds as fast as I have before.
  • happypath101
    happypath101 Posts: 534
    Options
    For sure! That's why it's important to go by the measuring tape more than the scale.

Also, it seems to me that:

* When you have a lot to lose, it's tempting to give up because it's overwhelming. On the flipside, a little effort can pay off a lot.

* When you are almost where you want to be, it's tempting to give up because you feel and look great and everyone tells you you don't need to lose weight. And, the effort it takes to drop just a few pounds is disproportinately large. On the flipside, you are motivated because you know what you can do and you've already got results to prove it.
  • invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is slower the closer you get to your goal because your metabolism slows down so your body clings onto the last 5-10 pounds. But the procedure is the same -- counting calories and maintaining a reasonable deficit. Also, in terms of aesthetics the change is more or less the same: the last 5-10 pounds might take longer to lose, but the aesthetic difference is enormous!
  • stephdg89
    stephdg89 Posts: 37
    Options
    What sucks really bad is when you only have 10-15 lbs to lose to begin with. So the whole thing just seems soooo slow and like it's never going to happen. I started my weight loss journey only having 15 lbs to lose. I'm 5 down, 10 to go and I think it will take forever. I can only eat 1000 calories per day if I want to lose. :( I started it at 1200 and didn't lose anything until I lowered it even more.
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    What sucks really bad is when you only have 10-15 lbs to lose to begin with. So the whole thing just seems soooo slow and like it's never going to happen. I started my weight loss journey only having 15 lbs to lose. I'm 5 down, 10 to go and I think it will take forever. I can only eat 1000 calories per day if I want to lose. :( I started it at 1200 and didn't lose anything until I lowered it even more.

Have you done a body composition test? At calorie intake that low you're probably losing mostly water and muscle instead of fat. Read up on very low calorie diets (VLCDs).
  • tinyrah
    tinyrah Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Last 10 is taking forever. I started tracking body fat %age and watch measurements too when I feel discouraged.
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose my last 5 lbs for a year now and I just can't seem to make it happen. My issue is incorporating a good routine other than cardio into my workout. I bike and row, but I'm starting 10 Minute trainer tonight and am hoping that helps get rid of the last five. And really, I think I'm at a good weight now. I just have some stubborn hip fat I want gone.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

How long did you give it at 1200 and did you account for water/sodium? At 123.5 lbs you should have been able to lose at 1200 (or higher.)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    All of this is discouraging. I wonder if most people are really at a healthy good weight and just want to be five to ten pounds thinner..and that is the problem.

I can't imagine eating a megar 1200 calorie diet like I am now for months on end..into a year to get to goal. I don't mind doing the work...you just want to see results.
  • sanaa4560
    Options
    it is true ...i am in the same boat i just have to loose 10 pounds and damn it spoils me everytime..it is so hard to loose a single lb now...my calorie intake everyday is almost 800 cal and also m doing turbofire 4 days a week it is so intense cardio program but damn i still cant loose dat weight...i hate this science of loosng weight :((
  • ricky_j_b
    ricky_j_b Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I totally agree as well.

My last 6 pounds has been ridiculously hard, but I will be honest.... I have gotten quite happy and comfortable at this weight that I have started bending my rules and being lax on my workouts. Summer has been hard, but I can't use that excuse. When my holidays are over this weekend I am back at it 100%..... becuase I'd love to get into the 150's but more so, I DONT WANT TO GAIN WEIGHT BACK.... so tired of yo-yo'ing over the last 5 years.

this is likely everyones issues,,,