Big Girl Trying Her Hardest!

Options

Replies

• omgiacobbi
    omgiacobbi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey! Don't be ashamed! At the beginning of the year I weighed 350 pounds, and I'm 24. I'm down to 312 now, with a goal weight of 130 (I'm 5'4). Let's be friends!
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    Click the little down arrow next to someone's name and choose "ignore user" if someone annoys you. It will be as if they don't exist on the site!

Well, except when someone else responds to stuff they say.

Cool, it worked!
  • MissShancey
    Options
    I stared at 314 .. now im 263! add me! we can do this together!!!
  • sheshe32
    sheshe32 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm here too. Funny first thing when I saw your pic was I DID think it was beautiful. Don't listen to the nasties!! You are here, thats fantastic!

Add me if you wish. I just started about 2-3 weeks ago and have lost 9 lbs. Good luck! :wink:
  • courtneydflynn
    Options
    I'm new too! I could use some support. :) I'll add you for sure!
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You're half crazy, I'm a little over half a crazy and together we'll make one crazy and it'll be beautifully bonkers. :)
    Probably not, but you never know.
    Good luck! I'm adding you.
  • alliwithaneye
    alliwithaneye Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! I will be adding you as a friend (anyone else who needs support btw feel free to add me!) :)
  • maikastar
    Options
    I'm in the same place you are, and I've been doing this for a while, so I'm more than happy to friend you - and anyone else on this thread too...I'm good at support :)
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've only been here a month but I'm loving it! I added you :)
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    oooh such a dramatic introduction post! i thought it was a fab picture and was surprised when you said you were 300 pounds looking at it. i'll happily add you i could use all the friendly advice and support too. it's about being healthy not about size so come on we can do it xx
  • LishaMC
    LishaMC Posts: 2
    Options
    Don't be ashamed about your weight, I am right up there with you and I know it is gonna be a long journey to lose all this weight but we can do it. I would like to be right around 180I set my 1st goal of 50 pounds to lose. I have not started yet but I created my profile. I have to go to the grocery store and that is the hard part. I wish this site had a daily meal plan that we could follow, that way we would know what to buy.
  • bronnibee
    Options
    Great to see so much support and love. This is why I love mfp. Add me if you like
  • AppleJaxsPyxee
    Options
    Hey don't let that get you down...you're on the way to a healthier lifestyle....and all the support on this page is amazing. Feel free to add me and I'll do the same too. We need all the support we can *hug all around* lol
  • jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I love your pic! Big and beautiful! That's what we are! I started at 348. I'm down to 280. My goal is 180. Feel free to add me too! :)
  • melcpia
    melcpia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Dont let your weight get you down....MFP is great provided you are honest! I sent you an add but forgot to reply hee too lol. I was 300+ when I started and am now down 59pound (27kgs) inn 7 months.

Anyone else want to add me feel free but dont forget a brief intro!
  • AbiCusPeck
    AbiCusPeck Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Added you, let's motivate eachother! :):flowerforyou:
  • Chainie
    Chainie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Firstly, hello and welcome! I am really proud of you for taking this step.

It is quite common for women to have an underlying hormone imbalance eg. Due to pill, menopause, even hormone disruptors in shampoos and food or PCOS (which is hereditary by the way and causes rapid weight gain). And/or insulin resistance. If you put on weight easily and find it hard to lose weight even when dieting and exercising, if you have quite a bit to lose... If your weight is around the middle... If you have a skin tag on your upper body... If you crave sweet things especially of an evening... If you have a close relative with diabetes... If any of these things sound like you, then I recommend you google 'insulin resistance quiz' and do a quick online test. I am very IR (I have PCOS) and I scored 16. IF you are IR, once you know how to balance your hormones, tweak your dieting approach so that a diet actually works for you, and manage your cortisol overproduction, you can lose weight naturally, and comfortably, without starving and without flogging yourself. Let me know if you would like any help or more info.

Best wishes xx.
  • hopo37
    hopo37 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am right along with everyone... I am at 330 now and trying to get to 200.. please feel free to add me..thanks :)
  • Pitbullmommas87
    Options
    Im Ari, new to this...well except to trying to lose weight lol My friend told me about this awesome site that helps you keep track of everything. So here I am. Its goin slow but seeing that my 'skinny' jeans dont make me feel like a tube of toothpaste anymore I think im gonna stick to it. I only have one friend on my page, so Im trying to branch out to get more positive suport...:) anything will do
  • AmyJo117
    AmyJo117 Posts: 12
    Options
    I will add you as a friend! I just joined yesterday, too!!!