700 Calorie Plan- NOT logging in fresh vegetables.

Hi all, I decided logging in ALL my food is SUCH a pain.
So I manually set my calorie restriction to 700 calories and I decided I'm only going to log in foods that are NOT non-starchy vegetables. That means my protein, carbs and fresh fruit are still logged in- I can just eat unlimited non-starch veggies without logging them in.
My BMR is 1200

what do people think?

I'm doing LeanGains 16/8 (Intermittent fasting- eating between an 8 hour window everyday)
And doing a 40(carb)/40(protein)/20(fat) nutrient split

My goal is to do this for 8 weeks to get down the weight and then find a new plan for maintenance.

Replies

• bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    I'm wondering how you are going to eat 500+ calories of vegetables a day to make sure you get up to at least BMR.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    I'm wondering how you are going to eat 500+ calories of vegetables a day to make sure you get up to at least BMR.

^ That.

I doubt you will fill that gap with veggies.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member

^^This. Also, I'm willing to bet that you'll gain every pound back after your crash diet. Yes, fasting to lose weight is a crash diet.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    So logging your food is a pain, but ......you're still going to log your food..just not veggies.

Mind blowing post is mind blowing.

Oh, and if you just eat "unlimited" veggies and go over your TDEE you'll get "Fat Albert" fat.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    I doubt you will fill that gap with veggies.

Very true. If logging is a pain, have you tried logging your days ahead of time? Try logging everything the night before, or when you get good at it, even for several days at a time. This works well for many people because it doesn't leave room for having to make spontaneous lunch/dinner decisions... but if you do end up eating something different than planned, you just delete the old entry and log the new one.

If you get in the habit of logging, you'll build up a "recent" list in your food diary, so it makes adding your normal foods in very easy. It really only takes seconds to log, and there are certain tools like the "meal copier" - which I use when I eat dinner leftovers for lunch - that will make the process easier.

You can also use "copy to" or "copy from" to fill in meals you've had on previous days to help save time.

Hope it helps :) Best of luck.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Commitment to lose weight requires commitment to log food. I think you would have more success if you made the commitment ;)
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    If you're going to log some, why not all? It's not that much of a pain. If you regularly eat the same things, just throw them into "my foods" or "recipes" so it's easier to find ... or use the "copy to today" feature. There are a lot of tools to help you do this.

Edit: What T-Rex said!! =)
  • Obviously depends on the veggie, but you could easily be having to eat 5 lbs of non starchy veggies to get 500 calories. Like others mentioned, would be tough to eat all that. Juicing would make it easier though.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    what do people think?
    My goal is to do this for 8 weeks to get down the weight and then find a new plan for maintenance.

I think doing a strict diet for quick weight loss and then trying to find a plan for maintenance is almost always a path to regaining the weight.

And I agree with other posters that 500 calories of non-starchy vegetables seems unrealistic. I'm also wondering how will you know that are eating enough of these vegetable calories without logging them.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,284 Member
    Why do people waste time with an OP who doesn't have a picture posted and only has 2 friends? This is obviously a Troll

1817572-troll_threads.jpg
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Commitment to lose weight requires commitment to log food.

No it doesn't. I lost nearly all my weight before coming to this site or logging anything. Logging is helpful for many, but it's certainly not required.
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Unbelievable. This doesn't even make sense
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Logging 700 calories is easy peasy.

Logging 500 extra calories is impossible.

Got it.
  • i eat large salads with almost every meal and they consist of whatever is fresh at the market that day.
    with my meals i usually have 2-3 eggs/ some protein and a piece of fruit.

I don't particularly see how this is a troll post.

IF/ lean gains is for the purpose of cutting and well-known and healthy in body building. it just means distributing your meals within 8 hours a day instead of eating your meals throughout the day.
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    I think it's possible you could undereat by alloting so many calories to non-starchy veggies, depending upon your appetite. I know it is tedious, but I typically eat the very same 5-10 vegetables on a regular basis. After the first time you log them they become easy. It shouldn't take more than a few seconds to log subsequent entries.
  • large salads can also EASILY be 200 cals/ salad