Women of a certain age... mid 40s...

Options
Not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but is fatigue what is to be expected from here on out... I am soon to be 47 and probably have been perimenopausal for a year or so now . No matter how much sleep I get, it does not seem to be enough. I feel tired all the time. I am not anemic as I donate blood and my counts are okay. Fortunately, this does not interfere with my exercising but I sometimes feel like I need to take a short nap in the afternoons -- fortunately I work from home and can do this! Anyone else experiencing this?? Anything that helps. Unfortunately, I have to avoid caffeine due to some other issues..

Replies

• valerie521
    valerie521 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Recently I started taking Super B complex and believe it or not I seem to not be as tired. I take
    at lunchtime and I get the little boost I need. I still sleep well at night.

I am working really hard on taking my vitamins daily so that makes a difference. Prior to my
    new regimen with the pills, I could have gone into hybernation !!

sleep bear no more !

bump
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Recently I started taking Super B complex and believe it or not I seem to not be as tired. I take
    at lunchtime and I get the little boost I need. I still sleep well at night.

I am working really hard on taking my vitamins daily so that makes a difference. Prior to my
    new regimen with the pills, I could have gone into hybernation !!

sleep bear no more !

bump

I am taking a Super B complex and daily multivitamin... unfortunately has not perked me up and I have been taking them for a while... :ohwell:
  • maureenec
    maureenec Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, but I definitely feel the early afternoon sleepies coming on almost every day. Part of it is not getting a good nights' sleep. I wake up too early or have my sleep interrupted by someone's snoring!!!! As long as I keep my nap short (under 30 minutes), I wake up ready to go.

Do you feel tired even after napping?
  • d4wn66
    d4wn66 Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi I work for the Blood Service in Australia , just to let you know and I'm not suggesting you are Anaemic or any thing , but you can have a good HB count and give blood but still have low Iron and not know it . If symptoms persist might be worth seeing your GP. Do you feel worse / more tired after giving blood.
    And I can't leave with out saying , it's a fantastic thing you do donating blood, peoples good will never ceases to amaze me :flowerforyou:
  • josiereside
    Options
    I'm 43, but I definitely feel the early afternoon sleepies coming on almost every day. Part of it is not getting a good nights' sleep. I wake up too early or have my sleep interrupted by someone's snoring!!!! As long as I keep my nap short (under 30 minutes), I wake up ready to go.

Do you feel tired even after napping?

I do feel better after napping for a bit. I go to bed around 9 or 9:30, usually asleep by 10/10:30 latest. Up by 5:30 or 6:00. I do get up a couple times at night to go to bathroom so maybe it is also the interrupted sleep. I could sleep easily for 12 hours on the weekend...
    Of note, I feel tired also first thing in the morning after a night's sleep, not just afternoon sleepiness..
  • josiereside
    Options
    Hi I work for the Blood Service in Australia , just to let you know and I'm not suggesting you are Anaemic or any thing , but you can have a good HB count and give blood but still have low Iron and not know it . If symptoms persist might be worth seeing your GP. Do you feel worse / more tired after giving blood.
    And I can't leave with out saying , it's a fantastic thing you do donating blood, peoples good will never ceases to amaze me :flowerforyou:

I do have an appointment with my GP in a couple weeks. I will ask about this... I did not feel any different (worse) after donating blood).
    Donating blood is the least I can do to try and help out in this crazy world we live in!
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I am 43 and a SLOATH!!!! Certainly exercise helps but left to my natural state I will sit and sleep!!!
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and have zero symptoms. I have tons of energy, never tired, my sleep is great, no hot flashes. Once I started exercising and eating whole foods, zero processed, it changed me. I don't think our bodies can filter the crap as efficiently as they once could.
    Try it, see if it helps. If not and your symptoms continue, please consider checking with your doctor about your hormone levels.
  • preaser
    preaser Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You can try checking your vitamin D levels. After I started a supplement I did feel like I had more energy. Also, are you drinking enough? Could it be dehydration?
  • josiereside
    Options
    You can try checking your vitamin D levels. After I started a supplement I did feel like I had more energy. Also, are you drinking enough? Could it be dehydration?

I think I get plenty of vitamin D as I am outside every day for a last 25-30 minutes. As far as being hydrated, yes definitely! hence what gets me up in the middle of the night!