How is my body

Options
3u4co.png

I am 157.6 lbs and I am 5"8 I used to weigh 176 lbs so I've lost around 20lbs. By looking at the picture would you say I'm "fat" ?

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Well, its difficult to say without seeing the face. A persons face determines a lot regarding what people would say as fat or chubby or skinny.

But I'd say slightly chubby. But not "fat".
  • IRampage1
    Options
    Alright :) How many lbs do you think it would take to lose that fat ?
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I think he meant
    3u4co.png

hint- the img is in lower case
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Ha, we were the same height and SW, but I'm a woman. Get you LBM checked and go from there.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    No! I would not say you are fat at all! Keep up the good work!
  • MrsPixelbark
    MrsPixelbark Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'd say it all depends what you're going for. You're in a healthy weight bracket for your BMI (24- so only just mind), so I'd say no- you're not fat! If you wanted, you could certainly go further and get leaner, but by the same merit, if you are happy at that weight then I'd possibly lose a few more pounds to get you into medium of your healthy BMI and stick with that.

But, that's me basing that all on BMI. There are a lot of other factors such as LBM, and your BF% to consider as well.

However, on the positive note, I'd echo another poster. Most certainly not fat- a touch on the chubby side, but not much! Well done, and keep it up
  • IRampage1
    Options
    Thanks, if you were me how much more weight would you loose to try get rid of the fatty/chubby parts of my body?
  • missff
    missff Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're fat. If you want to improve your look try and build some muscle for definition - I'm not talking arnie here - just a little light sculpting with resistance work. Well done on your weight loss so far!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    You're what is called skinny-fat.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not judging you, just calling the shots like I see it. I was skinny fat when I started just about 2 years ago.
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    Thanks, if you were me how much more weight would you loose to try get rid of the fatty/chubby parts of my body?

What do you want to look like when it's all said and done?
  • IRampage1
    Options
    not fat, I want to be able to see some muscle aswell but to do that ive gotta lose that fat, how much more weight should I loose do you think ? ive already starting doing weights etc...
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    not fat, I want to be able to see some muscle aswell but to do that ive gotta lose that fat, how much more weight should I loose do you think ? ive already starting doing weights etc...

Cliffs: Lift heavy, eat at a calorie deficit.

A more helpful answer:

I think you should put the scale away and disregard it for a while. You should lift heavy on a pre-written program. Check out Starting Strength or All-Pros:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843&page=1

You should be eating in a caloric deficit. I wouldn't use MFP's settings, I would custom set it as follows:

1) Figure out your TDEE using Katsch-McArdle in the following thread. Assume 20% bodyfat.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

2) Set your protein intake to 1g/lb LBM.
    3) Set your fat intake to about .4g/lb total bodyweight
    4) Fill the remainder with carbs to reach your calorie goal.

When you figure out your TDEE using the above thread, deduct 20% from it and set your goal calorie intake to that. Do not eat exercise calories back as your activity factor in the attached thread includes exercise.

Follow the above and re-evaluate your physique in about 3-4 months.
  • MDamoun
    MDamoun Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bookmarked for later.
  • shawnp80134
    Options
    bump
  • IRampage1
    Options
    I'm going on holiday tomorrow for 4 weeks and there's loads of excercise I can do whilst I'm there but not the stuff you just said gonna go cycling, swimming and everything so when I come back I hopefully loose some weight and start what you just told me :)
  • IRampage1
    Options
    When I go swimming in the pools, sea I'm getting abit awkward about taking off my shirt, do you think when people look at me there gonna laugh/say "look at his body"/ or should I be fine, I know it's abit stupid what I'm saying? But do you people look at me as if I'm fairly fat?
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I second skinny fat.
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    When I go swimming in the pools, sea I'm getting abit awkward about taking off my shirt, do you think when people look at me there gonna laugh/say "look at his body"/ or should I be fine, I know it's abit stupid what I'm saying? But do you people look at me as if I'm fairly fat?

I swim every week, have done so for years. And yes, occasionally there's someone you see getting into the pool who's definitely less fit/toned than others. And yes, there's part of me that thinks 'wow, happy i'm not that big.' But mostly my thought is "good on you for getting some exercise." But either way, you'd not be somebody that I'd specifically notice getting into the pool. You're somewhat less toned than you could be, but nothing that would attract attention in the pool. So don't worry and go for a nice swim.
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    bump