Help pick my dinner from a restaurant! :)

Options
Hey everyone, going out later this week for my 10-year anniversay with my husband. We have already "celebrated" our anniversary with a trip to the beach, so I don't necessarily want to say "hey, it's a celebration, get what you want" because I kind of did that at the beach.
So.................What would you pick from this menu? I'm eating about 95% clean so I'd like to stick to that as much as possible. I'd probably not pick anything but seafood since this is a seafood restaurant.

http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/media/menus/Current_AFM_Dinner_1-19-11.pdf

Thanks!!!

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Sauteed' Colombian Tilapia w/ the fresh vegetable medley & a baked sweet potato
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, I'd watch my carbs earlier in the day and have sushi for dinner. All the fresh seafood--the sushi should be killer! As long as I stay away from the heavy cream sauces, I'd eat just about everything they have :D
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, I'd watch my carbs earlier in the day and have sushi for dinner. All the fresh seafood--the sushi should be killer! As long as I stay away from the heavy cream sauces, I'd eat just about everything they have :D

I thought about the sushi - but I've only had it twice. Which ones would you suggest? I'm not too big on raw....lol....but if it his highly recommend it, I'll try it.
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Sauteed' Colombian Tilapia w/ the fresh vegetable medley & a baked sweet potato

I like that option. Thanks! :)
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If you have the calories available (for this dinner I'd do an extra workout--love sushi!) try any of the fried seafood rolls. They usually include a sweet or spicy sauce with them. My absolute fav is the spider roll...soft shell crab, fried and rolled with lots of goodies!

It says they have a full sushi menu so I'm sure they have the raw stuff nigiri pieces available. These are a great way to try some raw stuff without getting a ton of it. Ask the staff for help and let them know you'd like the milder and firmer fish.

Be careful with the soy sauce and drink plenty of water afterwards to help flush the sodium--works me anyway.

Enjoy your dinner!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Blackened Atlantic Mahi mahi w veggie medley and sweet potato or the filet mignon and lobster tail, but no butter with the lobster tails and veggies instead of fries.