Re-evaluate

Options
msgunder
msgunder Posts: 65 Member
Does one need to change their plan as they lose weight? I weighed in today and it said "you have lost more than 10 lbs. would you like to change your settings". Did you all do that?

Replies

• plt55
    plt55 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yes always always do it ,it sometimes changes your caloric intake etc.
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Does one need to change their plan as they lose weight? I weighed in today and it said "you have lost more than 10 lbs. would you like to change your settings". Did you all do that?

I have. It readjusts your goal. Less weight, less fuel needed to keep it going.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Yup. All the time! Actually, I toggle every 5 lbs or so. I go on my phone and switch my goal to 1 lb, then back to 2lb immediately and it will adjust my cals as I go down. ;) It's awesome that you got to your first "time to switch it up" alert! ;)
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if you are still losing weight at the calories you are currently eating I'd continue with that, until you start maintaining, then reevalute! If you can still lose eating more calories why mess with it!
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I've done it twice now and each time it STEALS more calories from me!! Dammit!! Oh, well. I'm down to 1270 calories a day and it can't take much more!

But i think as you get closer to your goal weight, the weight loss will slow down. I still have more than 100 to lose so not quite sure why i'm getting so few calories. But MFP's recommendations have worked so far and i guess i'll stick to them.
  • msgunder
    msgunder Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've done it twice now and each time it STEALS more calories from me!! Dammit!! Oh, well. I'm down to 1270 calories a day and it can't take much more!

But i think as you get closer to your goal weight, the weight loss will slow down. I still have more than 100 to lose so not quite sure why i'm getting so few calories. But MFP's recommendations have worked so far and i guess i'll stick to them.

I just did my re-evaluation and before I was getting 1330 calories and now I'm down to 1270. I was kind of surprised that it dropped me down 60 calories when I've only lost 17lbs. Does that seem right?
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if you are still losing weight at the calories you are currently eating I'd continue with that, until you start maintaining, then reevalute! If you can still lose eating more calories why mess with it!

This is what I did, although they got me the first time:). I figured I would keep eating at that level until I started to maintain at that level but I surpassed my original goal and have since upped my calories for maintanance.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    oooh I can't wait for my first switch it up alert!!!!
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options

I just did my re-evaluation and before I was getting 1330 calories and now I'm down to 1270. I was kind of surprised that it dropped me down 60 calories when I've only lost 17lbs. Does that seem right?

Yes, I have only lost 8 pounds and I was at 1230 and now I am at 1200. It's hard, but I somehow manage it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!