Exercise Day 1 NSV

Options
I'm really proud of myself today. When I first started my journey back in October, I tried walking the three hills on my street... I live in the country so it's a pretty long street. The first time I tried, I could barely make it up the first hill. I was out of breath and my body felt so heavy I couldn't go any further. Finally after about two weeks I was able to walk all three hills and back... That was almost 30 lbs ago.

I tried again a few months later after not having exercised for a while and once again I couldn't make it all the way up the first hill.

So yesterday I thought that since I've already been dieting for three weeks and I've lost 30 lbs, I really needed to start back trying to walk those hills again because I wanted to be able to make it all the way and back like before... So I started walking and got to the first hill and thought... "Huh... I'm not that really winded, I know I can go farther.." so I kept going... I made it to the second hill and was surprised again and knew I could push myself even more, so I came to Heartbreak Hill...the worst one of them all... On this one I would have to stop halfway up and rest because I didn't have the energy or the breath to keep going... and yet, I walked all the way up that hill like a champ with no stopping, no breaks, and not being completely winded!

I was smiling ear to ear when I got home. I wasn't expecting that. I guess even though I can't really "see" that I've lost almost 30 lbs, I can feel it in how I'm able to do more now. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! Soon I'll be jogging!! That is all. ^_^

Replies

• onelovejenn
    Options
    congratulations!!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    OMG...dont you LOVE that!! I did the same thing a few months ago. I just decided to run until I couldn't anymore...and I made a MILE!! When I started trying to run last September, I couldn't even run half a block. So CONGRATS sweet girl!! You are a rock star in the making!!
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    OMG...dont you LOVE that!! I did the same thing a few months ago. I just decided to run until I couldn't anymore...and I made a MILE!! When I started trying to run last September, I couldn't even run half a block. So CONGRATS sweet girl!! You are a rock star in the making!!

Ohhh! I can't wait until I can start running!!! I'm going to go all Forrest Gump!!! "Wherever I was going, I was RUN-NING!" And congrats to you on your running!!! Thank you so much!! I'm pretty excited! (As if that's not evident by my excessive use of exclamation points!!!!!!!)
  • bearsfanchick
    bearsfanchick Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic friend!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    That is such great news...keep up your great work...proud of you
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Bet you felt like Super Woman at the top of that hill. This is one of the things I loooove about this site, the NSVs. I think focusing on NSVs (mine and others) is helping me finally stick to a healthier life and weightloss plan. Thanks for sharing.
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Bet you felt like Super Woman at the top of that hill. This is one of the things I loooove about this site, the NSVs. I think focusing on NSVs (mine and others) is helping me finally stick to a healthier life and weightloss plan. Thanks for sharing.

Haha I definitely felt like a champion! Maybe next time I'll burst into singing Eye of the Tiger and dance back down the hill. I love the NSVs too. It's so great to see people achieving the things you're striving for and motivating you to keep pushing forward... or to see someone have an NSV that you've had yourself and being able to relate to them. I tell everyone I meet about this site, but I don't think I can put into words how amazing everyone here is.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! My place is surrounded by hills and I'm in the valley. Anyway I choose to walk is uphill. Congrats on your progress!
  • veryoutspoken
    veryoutspoken Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the hill, :)
    :smile:
  • Tonya0605
    Tonya0605 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    All I can say is, "I get it" .
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    That's great to hear! Consistency is the key!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!