Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HRM with strength training

How many of you use HRM when doing strength training? How many don't. I'm curious if I need to start wearing mine or not, I've heard it doesn't truly get an accurate read. What does everyone thing. P.S. I just recently started strength training.

Replies

• richx
    richx Posts: 13
    Use mine all the time ... especially with kettlebell training. I use a Suunto which I have checked and rechecked with other equipment - and it appears to be the most accurate of the ones I own for strength & stationary cardio. Garmin for running and biking.
  • cmg2008
    cmg2008 Posts: 139
    Thank you!!
  • hteapot
    hteapot Posts: 29 Member
    I wear mine, but I do go to Strength Training classes so they are at a continuous faster pace than doing strength training by yourself.
  • Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member
    HRM's are not accurate for strength training... lifting does not use the cardio energy system. it uses the lactic acid and atp-cp energy systems. both of which do not use oxygen to make energy. and oxygen being the basis of a HRM's calorie burn estimation.
  • Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member
    I wear mine, but I do go to Strength Training classes so they are at a continuous faster pace than doing strength training by yourself.
    thats not strength training then. those classes are cardio.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    HRM's are not accurate for strength training... lifting does not use the cardio energy system. it uses the lactic acid and atp-cp energy systems. both of which do not use oxygen to make energy. and oxygen being the basis of a HRM's calorie burn estimation.

tumblr_m7onfd7sfz1r4j812.gif