Buffets are the spawn of satan

Options
What are your worst buffet stories or how did you survive?

Whoever invented buffets should be punished. How can it ever be a good idea to give someone and empty plate and say "go for it" as many times as you want. I plan events and on the big day of an event there is no time to eat. I bring a few healthy items along but they rarely make it out of my bag or are enough. So when the reception comes I'm pretty hungry. I did fairly well today because of my guilt of adding food on MFP. I'm sure I burned quite a bit, running around for 10 hours but I feel gross (perogies, cabbage rolls, meatballs, rice, pasta, cole slaw, sour cream ...). I'll get right back into tomorrow, promise!

Replies

• travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    What are your worst buffet stories or how did you survive?

Whoever invented buffets should be punished. How can it ever be a good idea to give someone and empty plate and say "go for it" as many times as you want. I plan events and on the big day of an event there is no time to eat. I bring a few healthy items along but they rarely make it out of my bag or are enough. So when the reception comes I'm pretty hungry. I did fairly well today because of my guilt of adding food on MFP. I'm sure I burned quite a bit, running around for 10 hours but I feel gross (perogies, cabbage rolls, meatballs, rice, pasta, cole slaw, sour cream ...). I'll get right back into tomorrow, promise!
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I used to love buffets. There was one (may still be there) in the West Valley California Pantry. We would come down from snowboarding all day and be starving. cant tell you how many times i got the "you never come back look"

I guess we could punish you for your slide into hell :devil: but sounds to me like you have done it your self.

I think the first part of this journey we are all on is to realize when we slip. You have done that.

Stay positive and keep up the good work. and get out there and run an extra mile for your penance...J/K:laugh:

Tim
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    i have a night coming up i know will be hard great food and going to be hard to keep track so will try and make it to the gym during the day so i can go without to much guilt and ill watch what i eat during the day i think as long as you dont go crazy all should be good realy. oh and i plan to drink that night too but its once a year for me so no biggy. although i will have a nother night soon at a fine resturant and well im going to flag logging thta night as well as it will be too hard and i want to enjoy it we got given a dinner for two and nights stay with breakfast at a very up market hotel in town so upmarket we have to dress up for dinner and maybe breakfast too not sure jeans and nice shirt might cover it for breaky i hope lol now to plan it and book it lol.
  • GemFB
    GemFB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Dude...My b/f loves those damn buffets...When I first started here he took us to OCB and I looked around and saw all the obese ppl in there and realized I wasn't that hungry. (Not meaning it as harsh as it sounds.) So I tried eating healthy...ya know tatoes, corn, salad, fish, stuff like that. I got home and logged it and found out I had eaten almost 2000 calories! Ah! :noway: Sooo yeah. I banned us from it! Stupid satan buffet....Well good for you keeping track! Figured I'd share my story too.
  • fit_amy
    fit_amy Posts: 41
    Options
    OMG!! I totally feel your pain! I am on the other side of the buffet, as a buffet attendant at special events! I work at 2 nice restaurants, one of which has received high Zagat ratings (so of course I want to eat the leftovers!). Tonight I worked a wedding reception, and EVEN THOUGH I tried to plan ahead by eating healthy at home... when the event ended and we took the buffet back, I indulged in a bit of salmon, and a few mini crab cakes. The hardest part is when there's leftover wedding cake. I just logged my calories and I'm almost 600 over for the day. Top it off with the fact that I didn't get to work out today (it is hard to work out AND work a special event with all the moving of tables and chairs and whatnot) so I don't have any exercise calories to add. booohooo!

I also believe buffets are bad news! My boyfriend and I like to go to brunch on the weekends and I purposely avoid the ones that places that have buffets because I know I can't handle it! ha!!!
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    Ok I'm not the only one! Well it's mother day today and we're taking mom out for lunch so another big meal on the way. I will be prepared this time. Every day is a new day, right!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE buffets....... growing up when I ate dinner (at home we never could afford out) I would always be hungry (never enough food at dinner for more than one serving so I got the nickname of Scrappy I would finish what was on my siblings plates) So now that I am older and can afford to go to a buffet I go HOG wild.....I LOVE FOOD. Now dieting and changing the way I do things it's hard to put down the fork and say ok I am done, or to stop for about 20 minutes to make sure I am still hungry. It's a CURSE lol

your right death to buffets hehehehe