NSV: Size 10!

Options
ccruns920
ccruns920 Posts: 14 Member
I felt strange posting this on facebook. This seems like a more understanding forum:).

I have been a size 14 since the end of high school. It didn't matter if I lost or gained 20 pounds, I stayed a size 14. This was partly a blessing because it saved money on clothes. I still have clothes from 10 years ago that fit. I was convinced that I would forever wear a 14.

A little over a year ago, I started C25K. Then, I ran a 5K. Then, I kept running. I didn't lose much weight, but it certainly started to shift around. In March, after struggling with stomach problems (which the doctor unhelpfully described as "probably IBS"), I decided to track my food to see if I could find my triggers. Turns out, I grazed on a lot of crap. Also, I should probably not eat dairy:).

To my surprise, the weight started coming off. I still eat a ton. I'm just more aware of how much I'm eating.

People at work started noticing that my clothes were getting looser. I was tripping all over my work pants. I finally bought a size 12. Then I found myself holding those up. Today, I bought two pairs of work pants in a 10 (from two different stores, which is the real test!). I can't describe how amazing it is to not have to walk to the far right end of the sales rack to find my size. I actually had to skip buying something because they were out of 10s and the 12 was too big!

While many of you might aspire to be a size 4 or less, all I ever really wanted was to zip up that elusive 10!

Replies

• free2bjuicy
    free2bjuicy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    :happy: congrats...I hope I am able to share my story one day
  • littleallie120
    Options
    WOW! Nice job! It is amazing how much your diet can change for your weight, even with all the exercise in the world! I've read that weight loss is 80% diet, 10% exercise, and 10% genetics..not sure of the truth to that, but diet definitely influences weight TREMENDOUSLY! Congrats!!!!!:happy:
  • A_Shannigans
    A_Shannigans Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't think there's a thing wrong with being a 10. Congrats I'm happy for you!
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a great feeling!:flowerforyou:
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! Hey I would be ecstatic to be a size 10 someday!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Hairista
    Hairista Posts: 86
    Options
    Good for you! :)
  • tosmoothash
    tosmoothash Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you my lady....I can't wait til I am able to get into a pair of 8s or 10s....I am currently an 18 so I still have a weighs to go...but thanks for the encouragement!!:drinker:
  • a_stone_girl_dances
    a_stone_girl_dances Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yay! Awesome feat!
  • tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    That is fantastic!!! What a fantastic feeling!
  • MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That's great!! Congrats to you! That's my goal as well. I've never been a size 10 and I've been at least a size 14 since I can remember, and have gone up to a size 18 at my biggest. I'm currently between 14 and 16, but my ultimate goal is 10. Thanks for posting about your success! I'm doing C25K right now. :)
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Size 4 is over rated. But a 10 is beautiful! Good job
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    That's so great! Proud of you! Hope to get there sometime soon!
  • Pamela259
    Pamela259 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    congrats on your nsv i'm hoping to get to a 10 too im currently a 12 and have never been smaller than a 14 since i was 14..... Perfect 10 :)
  • alliwithaneye
    alliwithaneye Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Congrats girl! That feeling is amazing and I hope I can experience it again too REALLY soon!!! A size 10 to me is like the perfect size. Even though right now I am just trying to get back into a 12, I had FINALLY gotten to a 12 before getting pregnant in 2010 and I freaked out the day I tried on jeans and they fit in that size. *sigh* It will happen again.
  • ccruns920
    ccruns920 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all who posted. It's nice to get a little encouragement:).
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Wow I bet that felt wonderful! Congratulations on your weightloss!
  • robyn26pt2
    robyn26pt2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Enjoy your success!!!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
    I'm with you! If I'm a 10, I'd be happy. I'm already 5'9. A 4 on my build would look CRAZY!
  • ashesannes
    Options
    Thank you for posting! You took the words right out of my mouth! I have always been a size 14 as well and would be forever grateful to maintain a size ten! You look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!