Scared to Eat at Daily Calorie Level!

Options
2»

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I think you should be looking at the bigger picture here.

Do you want to live the rest of your life eating 800 calories per day? At some point something has to change.

I actually don't think you need to lose any more weight. I think you should be focusing more now on your physique. Start weight training. But you have to get your food level back up to a healthy level.

If it was me, I'd be increasing my calorie intake by 100 calories per day until I was up to where I needed to be. Increase by 100 stay there for a week or so, then move up another 100. That way you don't demotivate yourself with the scale weight (which you shouldn't even be looking at, at this point)

Read up on TDEE and BMR. There is the eat more to weigh less group here, but my personal favorite is www.fat2fitradio.com

Start a weight training plan.
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Search for the thread 'in place of a road map'...look for the original posted by helloitsdan that tells you how to figure out how many calories you need. Hun, if you are exercising as well as eating that low cal you are on a dangerous path. You are not eating enough to fuel your body for its basic everyday functions and WORSE then you exercise and your body is then really low on calories and nutrients. This may not be causing problems now but sure will long term. I highly suggest some research on TDEE and BMR like others have mentioned. There is also a group eat more to weigh less on here and there is great info on TDEE and BMR that explains it all with ease. Good luck!
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I think you should be looking at the bigger picture here.

Do you want to live the rest of your life eating 800 calories per day? At some point something has to change.

I actually don't think you need to lose any more weight. I think you should be focusing more now on your physique. Start weight training. But you have to get your food level back up to a healthy level.

If it was me, I'd be increasing my calorie intake by 100 calories per day until I was up to where I needed to be. Increase by 100 stay there for a week or so, then move up another 100. That way you don't demotivate yourself with the scale weight (which you shouldn't even be looking at, at this point)

Read up on TDEE and BMR. There is the eat more to weigh less group here, but my personal favorite is www.fat2fitradio.com

Start a weight training plan.

AGREED!!!!
  • its_rierie
    its_rierie Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sxgC_wDNfI&feature=related

watch this vid may help you understand how everything works..

I closed it at small frequent meals

He lost me when he told me that more than half of my daily caloric intake should be protein, AT A MINIMUM.
  • zealousmissjj_wechange
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sxgC_wDNfI&feature=related

watch this vid may help you understand how everything works..

Bump for later!
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Everyone here has given some great insight! Also keep in mind that it doesn't take much to get to those extra 300-400 calories. Expample:

10 almonds - 69 calories
    1 medium banana - 105 calories
    1 cup strawberries - 46 calories
    1 tbsp peanutbutter - 100 calories

Best of luck to you!!!
  • Arunakae
    Arunakae Posts: 83
    Options
    This has been an issue for me as well, so I'd like to thank all of you. Lately I've been eating between 600-800 calories and I know it's unhealthy, I just get so scared. But with all of your support I'll be able to become healthier, thank you so much and best of luck to the original asker of the question :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Some inspiration: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/494091-i-just-don-t-care-anymore

Short version: I look better and wear clothes two sizes smaller at the same weight, eating twice as much as I did last time I tried losing weight.
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    I upped my calorie intake from 1200-1800 a week & a half ago, I felt so sick too in the beginning. But give it a few days & your body will adjust to the higher calorie intake.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Some inspiration: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/494091-i-just-don-t-care-anymore

Short version: I look better and wear clothes two sizes smaller at the same weight, eating twice as much as I did last time I tried losing weight.

this this this this. Seriously, spy on this girl, she has many a proof that eating works :P