Getting rid of inner thigh fat

Options
Hey there! I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to reduce inner thigh fat? No matter how much weight I lose my inner thighs always seem to be far too close together! Perhaps working on building thigh muscle might help? Any advice at all would be hugely appreciated :)

Replies

• paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Bumping to hear answers as my thighs are my mortal enemies! :grumble:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce.
  • rguihen
    rguihen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ya I came to terms with that quite awhile ago but I thought maybe there's some way of perhaps building muscle in the area to make it look more toned?
  • Cajunmalakai
    Cajunmalakai Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Well, it seems like sometimes biology is your enemy. In my case, I just have huge legs and no matter what, my inner thighs seem to touch. That being said, it might help to focus more on the composition rather than the aesthetics. Generally, muscle mass is the way to go, especially if you've lost a significant amount of weight. Something needs to fill the empty space left by the fat.. And even if your thighs continue to touch(God knows mine seem to love each other) Its far better for them to be composed of lean hard muscle than flab.
  • MattFR36
    Options
    If you want to get rid of inner thigh fat, I recommend you try the elliptical machine and whatnot. Exercises that work your thigh muscles should help. Secondarily, you might also want to look at "The Truth About Six Pack Abs," which while focused on getting rid of belly fat and building abs, might be of some help because of its effective, unconventional exercise methods. I've been using "Six Pack Abs" for a while now and absolutely love it; my review is <a href="http://mattsfitnessreviews.com/the-truth-about-six-pack-abs/">here</a>.
  • amberleighM04
    Options
    I use the weight machines at the gym and the ones that target inner thigh are awesome. The first couple weeks are tough, but after that, it's pretty easy going.
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Well, it seems like sometimes biology is your enemy. In my case, I just have huge legs and no matter what, my inner thighs seem to touch. That being said, it might help to focus more on the composition rather than the aesthetics. Generally, muscle mass is the way to go, especially if you've lost a significant amount of weight. Something needs to fill the empty space left by the fat.. And even if your thighs continue to touch(God knows mine seem to love each other) Its far better for them to be composed of lean hard muscle than flab.

Good answer. Worth pointing out as well that the majority of women's thighs touch - thigh gaps are the exception. Check out the women athletes at the Olympics if you don't believe - and bear in mind they will be low in the body fat range. My thighs have touched since I was 16, I'm not unhappy with them.
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Ya I came to terms with that quite awhile ago but I thought maybe there's some way of perhaps building muscle in the area to make it look more toned?

Lifting heavy would give you the best results. Squats, deadlifts, the list goes on! Works your full body. :wink:
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Is this another thread about thigh gaps?

Because that **** is disgusting.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce.

TRUE. Work on your muscles, plie slides are great for this. Keep trying to reduce fat and it will eventually go away. I know its frustrating, I wish mine would disappear overnight!

Here are some inner thigh strength moves...
    http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/top-10-moves-thinner-thighs?page=6
  • Lidenbrock
    Options
    Cycling and walking has helped me.Though not the first place that I lost weight. You will need to walk and cycle regularly. I average 100 - 150 miles a month (mainly cycling).
  • EnergyYesPlease
    Options
    I recommend low weight high reps to give you the long lean slim look to your legs :)) Good luck!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I heard on Dr. Oz that bovine colostrum applied topically can help to reduce stubborn inner thigh fat.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    dead lifts, squats.
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I spin for cardio and weight train/strength train my lower body. Squats and lunges have helped build the muscle (which in turn, for me, reduces a wobbly appearance of my thighs). Plies are also a good strength training move. Posters are right in that you can't "spot reduce" but you can focus on building the muscle. I will always have larger thighs though because I have a medium muscular build. I'm okay with that as long as they look toned.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    No personal success experience on this lol, but I've read that lunges with light weights and cycling help tone legs.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    dead lifts, squats.

I'm with him.

Dead Lifts, Squats, Step ups, Lunges.. All help.
  • angelh2opolo
    Options
    i totally have this problem too
  • LisAllum
    LisAllum Posts: 55
    Options
    Jillian Michaels - No More Trouble Zones .. targets muffin tops, saggy bottoms, saddlebags, flabby triceps and slims down the inner thighs.

Give it a try :smile:
  • angelh2opolo
    Options
    I recommend low weight high reps to give you the long lean slim look to your legs :)) Good luck!

i agree with him, this really helps:happy: