Jillian Michael dvds?

Options
What's your opinion of them?

Replies

• xxChristineNicolexx
    Options
    She is FANTASTIC, I did the first two weeks of 30 day shred and got sick and sadly had to quit, but I am on day two of body revolution and she always makes me feel sooooo good when i finish!
  • Joorrrrdddyyn
    Joorrrrdddyyn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i just started 30 day shred monday, and its kicking my *kitten* lol.
  • klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    like many others...love em and hate em at the same time. :D great workouts.
  • mondesa
    mondesa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    They are great workouts. I say try them
  • megan24209
    Options
    They worked great for me when I was beginning my fitness journey. I am one of those people who gets really bored of a workout so I switched up the videos and did a combination of 30 day Shred, Ripped in 30, Six Week Six Pack, and her Kickboxing and Yoga videos throughout the week. These vids really helped to get up my endurance and gave me something to build off of.

Now I have moved on to other exercises because I felt like they were no longer a tough workout for me. The only one I still do is Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (which is my favorite Jillian Michaels DVD).

For me, I found that I started seeing more results when I started running and lifting weights. This is just my person experience though. Everyone has to find the exercises that work best for them.

I do think Jillian Michaels vids are great tools for starting out and building up endurance. And lots of my family members and friends have gotten great results from doing these vids.
  • foreverme822
    Options
    I am on Day 8 of the 30DS and in the DVD she says you should feel your endurance building up by now.. I feel no such thing haha. But I'm sticking with it.. haven't skipped a day yet. I start Level 2 on Saturday and I'm a little scared to be honest! I've had the DVD for a year or so now and never made it past day 4 so this is an accomplishment for me! I'm also new here so hi everyone :)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Love them!!!! 30 day shred is quick but efficient! I also have Extreme shed and shred and it's killer!!! And I have her Yoga meltdown as well....very intense it's definitely a workout!
  • gracia124
    gracia124 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Doing Ripped in 30 now and love it. I get REALLY bored doing a cardio machine and need strength training in my routine. For me, it's been effective at accomplishing both...in 30 minutes. I feel like I'll last through the 30 day program (and beyond) without wanting to give up. I can also feel my body building muscle.
  • mandy031383
    mandy031383 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I think they are good, especially when just starting at least for me because I'm still not fond of exercise LOL. I love that I can do the 30 DS and ripped in 30 in under a half hour. Plus she gives you modified moves if you cannot handle the full on which is great because I started with very little upper body strength ( which has since improved from the videos) If I didn't have the modification for some things I know I would get discouraged and give up. But, I have something to work up to which I love. I plan on continuing with them and doing some more strength training on the side. :)
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of the 30DS. I like it because it's hard but only 20 mins so I don't have to hate her for long :)
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love her!! I'm doing Ripped in 30 now. I see results faster with her.
  • cj2lose
    cj2lose Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    She's great! I have majority of her DVD's and I am on week 4 of Body Revolution. I'm enjoying it since I get to change the DVD and the workout. I've done 30 Day Shred many times but never for 30 days straight. I would get too bored of the same workout.
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Love her...would not have lost this much without them! My favorite is the Kickbox Quick Fix!
  • tree5981
    tree5981 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Love them! I did 30 day shred and lost inches. I am on Ripped in 30 now. I want to try her Body revolution videos next. I like her videos because they are short but very effective!
  • Joorrrrdddyyn
    Joorrrrdddyyn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    has anybody tried her killer buns & thighs..?
    wondering if its worth to try it
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i swear by them and if you were here to feel how firm my *kitten* is in only 2 months you would swear by them too! I lost 3 inches doing Ripped in 30 (i've done it twice both times losing about 3 inches in the waist), and i'm currently working on Phase 2 of her Body Revolution which is going great.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I've done 30DS and RI30 -- I absolutely hated week three of RI30, I only did it 4 times before I moved on -- it was way too hard on my knees -- and I don't usually have a problem with them. I am going to get Body Revolution in the fall. I generally like her though -- I do find her motivating.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I literally just finished my workout level 2 like 2 mins ago and having my protein shake as I type this. The 30 day shred is awesome. I did the full 30 days and I lost a total of 8 inches and my body fat dropped by 3.57% which for me is not bad considering I didn't follow the diet plan:tongue: .

Right now I alternate the DVD with cardio exercises.
  • thedancingleper
    thedancingleper Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    She can be a bit over the top, but her workouts are extremely effective. I'm losing weight faster by switching through her DVDs through out the week than I ever did when I used to run and do basic strength training combined.
  • 3Daughtersin2015
    3Daughtersin2015 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have the 30day shred. I would recommend it to people who are already on the smaller side (I have 100lbs to lose) and I couldn't do a lot of the moves when I got to level 2. I couldn't hold up my body weight. Also there isn't a good enough warm-up or cool-down, and i've read a lot of reviews about injuries to joints. I always warmed up before I started the video with my bike, and continued on after the video was over, but even at my high weight I saw results in only 10days.