I need a solution to my problem or I'm going to go mad !

Options
I can't exercise due to a extremly bad knee injury I sustained 5 months ago, had surgery 4 weeks ago. Still in a long leg hinged knee brace.
I can't do upper body exercise due to 2 previous injuries to both shoulders for which I've had surgery for .
I'm not even allowed to walk my dogs !
I'm getting desperate, I'm dieting but 12,000 cals aday , but mentally I'm suffering because I am unable to do any physical exercise.
I've now got insomna , and feel like my life is so dull .
I'm becoming a very dull and boring person.
I'm getting sucked into buying diet tea bags , and berry capsules and all things that will aid weightloss , but all I really won't to do is get on my treadmill, and cross trainer and exercise and can't. :explode:
If anyone can think of any thing that will get me out of this rut , I wll be your BFF for ever lol

Replies

• asirak87
    asirak87 Posts: 11
    Options
    I did a program called medifast. It's a low cal low carb weight loss plan that gives you optimal weightloss without having to hit the gym. You eat 6 small meals a day instead of three big ones. There are pros and cons to the diet BUT I can tell you from experience that it truly does work. The meals are infused with vitamins and protein so you lose fat not muscle. I lost 50lbs while on it. The best thing about it is that it teaches you a healthier lifestyle of eating 6 smaller meals throughout the day. But in the mean times the control of it is awesome. no calories counting or point counting just eat 5 medifast meals and one you make at home with lean meats and veggies. Depending on how much you have to lose and how faithful you are to the plan you can lose 2-5lbs a week. No joke. It does take a few days to adjust but afterwards you'll feel better. And it's good for your blood sugar too giving you even better results. It nothing else look into and see what you think about it.
  • Maridar
    Maridar Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I think your doctor should be able to recommend some physical activity, I am not sure what to recommend, really light weights maybe, leg raises, tiny ones.
  • d4wn66
    d4wn66 Posts: 48
    Options
    Thanks , just googled it , looks good and exercise not encouraged whilst on it which would help my mind set :smile:
    But then exercise is encouraged to maintain weight loss , which would fit in with my rehab. :flowerforyou:
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Given the extent of your injuries I would start by talking with a doctor or a qualified personal trainer for some options. I honestly don't feel all that comfortable making suggestions that could possibly make things worse. The cast kind of prevents most water activities which would have been my first suggestion since it's little to no impact.

Is the brace scheduled to come off any time soon?
  • d4wn66
    Options
    I think your doctor should be able to recommend some physical activity, I am not sure what to recommend, really light weights maybe, leg raises, tiny ones.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I would definitely talk to a Dr. about this. With your injuries you are needing to heal, and improper exercises could have a counter effect on that. MFP, we can give advice but for this you REALLY should speak to a Dr.
  • d4wn66
    Options
    Thanks , I do , do some as my quads are so waisted I guess I'm just not in a good place at the moment , and just have to work on that :smile:
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Not sure what the equipment is called but my mom just purchased from Wal Mart something that sits on her table and she turns the handles with her hands to spin a wheel. One can also peddle it. It is a stationary piece of equipment. Sorry I don't have more information but I haven't seen it yet. I agree you should speak with your doctor for help!
  • d4wn66
    Options
    I dont know when wants the brace off He keeps moving the goal post as does the Physio, so no idea they don't seem to know at the moment either .
  • d4wn66
    Options
    Not sure what the equipment is called but my mom just purchased from Wal Mart something that sits on her table and she turns the handles with her hands to spin a wheel. One can also peddle it. It is a stationary piece of equipment. Sorry I don't have more information but I haven't seen it yet. I agree you should speak with your doctor for help!

That sounds interesting , I will speak to my Physio about that , thanks
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Not being able to exercise is a temporary set back...eventually you'll recover from your surgery and you'll be back in business. I would stress to your Doctor that exercise is very important to you so he knows you're serious about being able to be physically active as soon as advisable! In the interim.........Girl you need a hobby!!!! Working with your hands can be very rewarding......make jewelry, knit/crochet, sew, sketch/draw, take a class, take up some lite DIY projects, get involved with a charity, read/write, plan a trip, socialize, try new recipes. Have you ever checked out Pinterest? It has tons of creative DIY projects and ideas.

If you continue to feel depressed, please talk to your doctor about it :flowerforyou:
  • d4wn66
    Options
    I would definitely talk to a Dr. about this. With your injuries you are needing to heal, and improper exercises could have a counter effect on that. MFP, we can give advice but for this you REALLY should speak to a Dr.

I guess I'm asking to much really it's just that it's taking so long to get right , do you know any miracle workers lol
    Just having a bad , feel sorry for myself day :blushing:
  • d4wn66
    Options
    Not being able to exercise is a temporary set back...eventually you'll recover from your surgery and you'll be back in business. I would stress to your Doctor that exercise is very important to you so he knows you're serious about being able to be physically active as soon as advisable! In the interim.........Girl you need a hobby!!!! Working with your hands can be very rewarding......make jewelry, knit/crochet, sew, sketch/draw, take a class, take up some lite DIY projects, get involved with a charity, read/write, plan a trip, socialize, try new recipes. Have you ever checked out Pinterest? It has tons of creative DIY projects and ideas.

If you continue to feel depressed, please talk to your doctor about it :flowerforyou:

I started learning mandarin of ll things lasted a week, started writing a novel lasted a week, lol thanks for info on Pinterest will definitely look into .thanks .
    Been to doc today he put me on temazepam taken 20 mg and hot toddy waiting for them to kick in :cry: It's nearly mid night the in Oz x
  • ellie319
    ellie319 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    are you unable to work with exercise bands? I have a shoulder injury and that was my go to for a while.Perhaps when the cast comes off you can swim,its non weight bearing. Maybe you can focus on your core.
  • d4wn66
    Options
    Thank you to you all for advise and replies they are all very much appreciated :flowerforyou: