Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Feeling alone

boosmama4508
boosmama4508 Posts: 4
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
My Name is Jessica, I suppose I just need some support.

When I was 16 I got pregnant, and I gained 120 lbs. during my pregnancy.
I just turned 19, and my son will be 2 in April.

In the past 6 months I have gone from 252 lbs. to 220 lbs. I have been doing well up until I lost track. I need to refocus.

I don't know what to do anymore. It is so hard for me to play with my son, and when I wake up in the morning, My body aches and my feet hurt so bad to step onto the floor. It's time for a change. I want to be able to see the smile on his face when I can play with him for hours :) Heck, even for 20 minutes would be great :):)

My boyfriend recently lost his mother. He is worried about my weight and is scared that I will die next. He told me that if I dont lose the weight that he will leave me because he is scared of me dying on him. I don't want to live without him, and I don't want him to live in fear.I told him that I would work on losing the weight, not only for him, but because my son needs me, and I love myself. I know that I can do better. I just am having trouble feeling the motivation.. I feel so bad for this..

Is anyone interested in keeping in touch on here to motivate eachother.

Please let me know.. I can use that extra push

Replies

• kdh24
    kdh24 Posts: 6
    Dear Jessica,
    Good job on your 32 pound loss so far!! It sounds like you are scared and frustrated but listen: everything will be ok. You CAN do this. Take it easy. One step at a time. One pound at a time. You have accomplished a lot already, and all you need is time and desire and faith that you CAN do it. Count your calories in and your energy out. Make smart healthy choices. Purge your home of food that is bad for you. Keep only healthy foods in the house. I once heard someone say that willpower is awesome but it's also a smart choice to remove temptation in the first place. If you fall off the wagon just get back on. Do not be afraid of going slowly, only be afraid of standing still. Little steps. Little daily affirmations. Write a "Top Ten" list of reasons you want to make this change in your life. Keep it by your bed. Read it first thing in the morning and last thing before bed. Every day. I promise you, you can do this.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi Jessica, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Please don't feel so alone and depressed! :frown: You've found MFP, and believe me, it WILL change your life, if you stick with it! :bigsmile:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "recent forum topics", and "view all", then "general diet", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Hey Jessica. You can do this. You have to remember that it is going to take time but it is well worth it. You have already lost a good amount of weight. Just remember to take it one day at a time. If you ever need to talkor just vent send me a message. I will help you any way that I possibly can. I will be praying for you.

God Bless you.
  • The best thing you can do is do it for your self and your son. I started eating low fat and gave up pop even diet pop, and it has helped sooooo much. You can do it!!!!!!!! This may or may not help you. I had the wife take a picture of me standing sideways, so I could really see myself. Then I found a picture of where I want to be and use it for motivation. Anyways hang in there for yourself and your child. I feel bad for not doing this sooner as my son is now 10 and my daughter is 8 and for all of their lives I felt terrible and had headaches 24/7. I just say that so maybe you won't make the same mistake I did and you will get to enjoy his youth.

Murray
  • Hi Jessica...I just wanted to leave a short note and express how much I appreciate your transparency and willingness to put yourself out there to live...thats basically what you decide to do every day that you choose to come here and eat a bit healthier than you did the day before. I've been here for three days and although the journey may take awhile, Im in it to win it. Not for my children, although they will reap the benefits.... Not for my husband...although he will too. For me. For the one that was here before everyone else. Somewhere between all the hats I wear each and every day....I have to matter. I have to look at myself in the mirror and know that its for me I live and for them to reap the benefits of my decision. You are worth and I believe in you.

Im here...add me...I'd be happy to walk this journey with you.

My Best...
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Dear Jessica,
    Good job on your 32 pound loss so far!! It sounds like you are scared and frustrated but listen: everything will be ok. You CAN do this. Take it easy. One step at a time. One pound at a time. You have accomplished a lot already, and all you need is time and desire and faith that you CAN do it. Count your calories in and your energy out. Make smart healthy choices. Purge your home of food that is bad for you. Keep only healthy foods in the house. I once heard someone say that willpower is awesome but it's also a smart choice to remove temptation in the first place. If you fall off the wagon just get back on. Do not be afraid of going slowly, only be afraid of standing still. Little steps. Little daily affirmations. Write a "Top Ten" list of reasons you want to make this change in your life. Keep it by your bed. Read it first thing in the morning and last thing before bed. Every day. I promise you, you can do this.

well said! took the words right out of my mouth.

take it one day at a time.

don't give up.

don't restrict urself to a super strict diet that u know u cannot commit to for the rest of ur life.

just make good choices.

Example - grilled instead of fried
    brown rice instead of regular
    wheat bread instead of regular
    steamed veggies instead of drenched in cheese and butter, etc
    and most importantly WATER WATER WATER.

start with moderate exercise, anything that is challenging and makes u bust a sweat, then u will gradually go increasin it.

u can do this. feel free to keep in contact with me for any questions, comments or even just to vent.
This discussion has been closed.