WISCONSIN STATE FAIR FOOD

Options
semeyer
semeyer Posts: 282 Member
I read this article today and thought I would share it with all of you Wisconsin friends or anyone who plans to attend the upcoming fair.

Enjoy! :drinker:

STATE FAIR FOODS QUIZ:

1. Which of these new State Fair sandwiches is the lowest in calories? a) chicken souvlaki b) Grand Champion burger c) pot roast sammich d) Cuban sandwich Answer c) pot roast sammich

2. Rank these fair favorites from lowest to highest calorie: a) pork loin sandwich b) Gyro c) bison burrito d) grilled cheese sandwich Answer a) pork loin sandwich c) bison burrito d) grilled cheese sandwich b) Gyro

3. Which apple dessert has the least calories? a) apple pie b) apple cheesecake c) apple sundae d) caramel apple Answer a) apple pie

4. Which of these foods has 100 or fewer calories? a) string cheese b) pickle c) cotton candy d) snow cone Answer a) string cheese b) pickle d) snow cone

5. Which of these foods has more than 500 calories? a) cream puff b) funnel cake c) blooming onion d) baked potato w/butter & sour cream Answer b) funnel cake c) blooming onion

Here's the breakdown of all the fair food calories.
Chicken souvlake=400
Grand Champion burger=1000 P
Pot roast sammich-=330
Cuban sandwich=570
Pork loin sandwich=290
Gyro=500-600
Bison burrito=300
Grilled cheese=440
Apple pie=400
Cheesecake=500
Sundae=340
Caramel apple=298
String cheese=75
Pickle=5
Cotton candy=100-200
Snow cone=60-80
Cream puff=300-350
Funnel cake=800
Blooming onion=1000-1300
Potato w/butter & sour cream=380

From ----> http://www.todaystmj4.com/features/lauriemeyer/45558677.html

Replies

• SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    OK, not in Wisonsin, but I am planning on going to my County Fair. A funnel cake is 800 calories???? Ahh, IDC I am getting one anyway!
  • Evansmama29
    Evansmama29 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info!! We're going to the fair on Saturday - now I can plan my meals!! LOL. Besides the cream puffs - not a big fan of those actually.
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Haha! I was surprised a cream puff is only 300-350 cals! I was expecting them to be around 800 per puff! But still, its basically 350 of pure fat calories I am sure! Eeek!
  • Evansmama29
    Evansmama29 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    A lot of air in those I guess. Bison burrito sounds interesting - might have to try one of those.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Minnesota State Fair is coming up and I'm giving myself a complete FREE day and logging every single calorie that touches my lips. I'm actually thinking of buying a FitBit just so I can work out how many calories I burn compared to how many I consume. I wonder if they'd look at me weird if I just stopped around the park to do some burpees...
  • herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Very interesting!! Thanks for posting! I was looking for the 'Fat Elvis'...I heard about that and was like.....WOW. I bet that thing has at least 1000 cals. =) I'm planning on having a few things, but I always share with my partner so it's not AS bad.
  • kbarnick
    kbarnick Posts: 36
    Options
    Good to know! Thanks for posting.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Oh man...but hey - where's the info on the chocolate covered bacon and deep fried twinkies?!?! Ha ha. I avoided the Racine County fair for exactly these reasons...but I don't think I can miss the state fair!
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    So you think “I’m going to healthy and have a turkey leg”. WRONG! County Fair Jumbo Smoked Turkey Leg has 1,100 calories, and 5000mg of sodium.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to my state's fair this year, but if I were going, I would definitely add an extra 200 calories deficit each day for a full week in advance, then eat whatever sounds yummiest on fair day! :tongue:
  • hannyt
    hannyt Posts: 33
    Options
    dang! the iowa state fair is just as bad. we have fried butter. i bet that's like less than 100 cals, right? ;)
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Oh ya WI State Fair!! I love the cream puff's.. so bad for you, and so good.. I usually get an omelet from the dairy building with tons of veggies in it.. and avoid all the deep fried on a stick type foods.. so no deep fried twinkies or deep fried chocolate bacon, no deep fried beer either.. none of that stuff :)
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I love gyro's. I had one last week at our county fair, and some cotton candy!
  • reojames
    reojames Posts: 96
    Options
    How many calories in a deep fried Snickers?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,122 Member
    Options
    Ha ha! I go to two fairs in my state every summer. Not going to worry about a couple days -you walk so much anyway - the best part of the fair is the junk food. Wait, it's the baby sheep - oh, wait, it's the swing ride. No, no, it's the lumberjack demo. Or the pig races. Or..........oh whatever, I love the FAIR!!
  • midnight333
    Options
    I don't go because of the heat, last time was in 2008, I'll ask someone I know who is going to pick me up my two vices, cotton candy and a candy apple. I was tempted to buy one of those cotton candy machines but I didn't. The last time I attempted candy apples I burnt myself very bad. I dipped the apple didn't keep my eye on it and mistakenly drizzled the hot candy down my arm that was unforgettable and very painful.
    :smile:
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Some of the new items on the menu this year:

» Brewer Brat on a Stick: A beer brat dipped in Stadium Sauce with sauerkraut; Leadfoot’s Bar & Grill
    » Deep-Fried Bacon-Wrapped Tator Tots: At Jayme’s Chipstix
    » Deep-Fried Pizza with Marinara Dipping Sauce: At Brew City
    » Deep-Fried Stuffing: At Rupena’s
    » Deluxe Deep-Fried Bacon-Wrapped Cheddar Hot Dog: At Apollo Gyros
    » Firecracker Chicken: Fried chicken in a mesquite jalapeno cornbread batter on a stick; Machine Shed Restaurant
    » Fat Elvis: Peanut butter cup in banana batter with bacon: Lakefront Brew Pub & Eatery
    » Reuben Brat: Reuben brat deep-fried in rye batter and served with Thousand Island dipping sauce: Slim McGinn’s West
  • rettigkl
    rettigkl Posts: 18
    Options
    thanks for posting! now i know which foods to avoid! hahaha (; cream puffs aren't my favorite, actually... so i avoided those 350 cals anyways. :P