27 years old and looking for more new and great friends

Options
jpek1
jpek1 Posts: 2 Member
My name is John, I'm 27 and I am from Chicago. Currently, I'm down 24 pounds since the beginning of the year by just following the diet portion of Weight Watchers. Obviously, there is the fitness part, which I'm still trying to decide how to go about that. My weight loss goal is definitely to be within the healthy BMI range, which would be right now, 54-63 pounds away based on my height. However, it is not just about health and fitness. The meaning of this journey is very high for me as there are goals that I want to achieve. My health and weight has held me back from doing so much for so long, such as finding a girlfriend (which I have never had one before), getting a driver's license (which not having one is not helping me out at all), and finishing my bachelor's degree (which a couple years ago I had to withdraw from school because of illness).

I'm just looking for people that may have a similar story or that I can become great friends with on this site. This is not going to happen overnight and there are many challenges and obstacles ahead. However, for me, its now or never. I wish everybody the best of luck on their own journey.

Replies

• Kazenouta
    Options
    Welcome to the site and the best of luck to you. I am similarly looking to improve my life both professionally and personally. For a long while I was sick with depression and feelings of being alone in the world. One thing I can say is that running and nutrition have proven to be one of the best kinds of medicines. I hope whatever your path is can do the same for you!
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hi John, I'm 27 also and have similar goals! Looking to lose 60 lbs minimum and just feel better overall. Despite struggling back and forth with weight loss over basically my whole life, I am newly committed to this lifestyle change. My biggest goal is that I want to look in the mirror and feel proud of who I am, which honestly is something I never really have felt before because of my tendency to keep giving up. I think making the commitment to myself to do this and meaning it this time has been one of the best things to happen in my life so far.

I hope you're finding similar satisfaction with your lifestyle changes and wish you the best of luck!!
  • NikkiA0612
    Options
    Hi John!! Welcome to MFP. I'm also 27 and have similar goals to you. I'm currently down 25 lbs with 110 more to go.