cardio 2x a day?

Options
Does anyone do cardio twice daily? I'm wondering if it will boost my metabolism - or just plain wear me out....ha ha. Right now I'm targeting burning 500 calories in the morning....wondering if I should pick up weights or yoga in the evening????

Replies

• maureenec
    maureenec Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I do circuit training or go for a run every morning but one. In the afternoon, I take my dog for a brisk walk - 20 to 30 minutes. I feel like it gives another boost to my metabolism before dinner, so as long as you don't push yourself too hard it should work.
  • Julieandpaloma
    Julieandpaloma Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post - yea, that's what I'm hoping - a little metabolism boost. I sit all day at my computer .....also love the "me time" with my ipod and music ;)
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    once a day is plenty.

maybe just walk for the 2nd time, theres really no benefit to running yourself into the ground.
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I walk for 30 minutes twice a day (about 3 miles) on my commute to and from work. It gives me some pep in the morning and helps me relax after a stressful day at the office, so I think it's super beneficial at least for me.
  • goblynn
    goblynn Posts: 152
    Options
    I do two work-outs a day. In a perfect world I would do it all at once but due to my crazy work hours I often have to split it up. On the days I do work on in the morning and evening- I really look forward to my evening workout- one last chance to rid myself of any nasty foods I didn't shake off during the day and also a great way to relax. :)