Runners

Options

Replies

• PixEm
    PixEm Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yup! I run about 8-12 miles a week, depending on motivation!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'm an off and on runner. I can usually run for a couple of months before my knee starts to give me problems. When it gets bad, I take a few months off then jump back in again for a while. Someday I hope to have insurance so I can figure out the knee and get it fixed. I think it's the lateral meniscus giving me trouble.
  • Cwyman1
    Cwyman1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yuuup! I average about 15-20 miles a week. I've ran 3 half-marathons this year (and many shorter races) and my next one is in Oct. It's addictive!!
  • nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am! I am running a half marathon this coming Sunday :)
  • christyd4
    christyd4 Posts: 191
    Options
    Just started seriously running!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in my peak month for my next HIM. Averaging about 45 miles a week.
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I started running in Feb '11. I never thought I'd run ... ever...never had any desire to run until I was walking one day and saw someone running, at a very slow pace, but realized that their heart rate was probably higher than mine and burning more calories. I now run every day and have completed several 5K races...winning several of them, and completed my first 1/2 marathon with an awesome time!

Are you looking to start running??
  • mereyrae30
    mereyrae30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Startd running last March after having my second baby. NEVER LOOKED BACK! Log anywhere from 20-30 miles a week.

Now if I could just get this running gear/running shoe addiction under control we(my bank account and husband) would be content too!
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    More of a jogger at the moment, but working up to being a runner. Want to run that 10k and earn my running shorts! LOL

Don't sell yourself short. If you are out there doing it, no matter what your pace, you are a RUNNER.

Thanks :) It feels good to be getting back into it, no matter the pace. Proud to have done my first 5k event and want to do many more!
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I want to be a runner but don't do it enough - I always end up with a killer headache after no matter how much water I drink xxx

^^^^^
    Slow your pace down, do intervals, meaning walk 1 min, run 1 min, walk 2 mins run 2 mins. It will help get your oxygen flow regulated and get your body accustomed running.
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I run and walk. I use the Jeff Galloway Program and I am really enjoying it. I currently run 2 min and walk 1 min. I do this on hills 3x per week. I am up to 3.5-5 miles per run. I was a "hard core" runner for many years when I was younger but took a long break or I would start to run then stop because it was too hard. I find Jeff's program so enjoyable that I have kept it up this time for 5 months+ without being injured or bored.
  • Sangel03
    Options
    LOVE RUNNING!

22942820.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Love to run!!! I have my first half marathon in 10 days.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    lots of runners on this site - try this thread to find some: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/683696--runners-team-50-and-100-miles-in-august
  • Kazenouta
    Options
    Also a runner here :-) I'm currently logging around 20 miles a week. Looking forward to bumping it up soon! Feel free to add me if you like!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I want to be a runner but don't do it enough - I always end up with a killer headache after no matter how much water I drink xxx

Try drinking chocolate milk immediately after your run and/or eat cheese or some other kind of protein. This might help ward off a headache. And of course, keep up on water.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I consider myself to be a runner. I go through phases, though.

Right now I'm training for my second marathon - my strategy to get back into the swing of things with running.

I'm also doing half marathons in every state. As of last Sunday I've crossed off 41 states. If all goes as planned, I'll cross the finish line of my 50th state on July 4, 2013. However, life has its way of throwing in a few hiccups, so it may take me longer. But it's all good.

Just looked at your profile ... you are right, the only thing holding you back from plastering a 26.2 decal on your vehicle is you. Of course you can do it. You just have to make up your mind if you want it badly enough.

My NJ half is this month! Looking forward to Wildwood. Irene put if off a year.
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Yep! I am proud to say I am!

Currently training for my first marathon! YIKES!

Me too! :)
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    iRun

:flowerforyou:
  • almamiranda
    almamiranda Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Started jogging, am working towards a 10k and then a half marathon. Have done a few 5ks. I love it and get more and more motivated daily!