Starvation mode warning

Options
I have recently joined myfitnesspal and got this warning. I haven't lost any weight or inches yet. Could this be why? What is the starvation mode?

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    What is your daily calorie goal set at?
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    If you eat less than 1200 it tends to say this. 1200 is generally accepted as the minimum amount you can eat and be healthy. Make sure you eat enough and that it's healthy stuff.
  • tinaspears
    Options
    It's if you go below 1200 calories. That's considered the minimum you can eat in order to get the correct nutrients. That's why the warning comes on when it notices your calorie intake is less than 1200.
  • collnanc
    collnanc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think 1200 but it also says 1380 in another area. I am eating about 900 calories a day and am not losing at all. Uggh!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I have recently joined myfitnesspal and got this warning. I haven't lost any weight or inches yet. Could this be why? What is the starvation mode?
    If you set overly aggressive goals, and/or are small and sedentary, your target intake will be less than the magic 1200 that MFP uses as a minimum, hence the warning - it sets the goal to 1200 and alarms if you don't meet it.