Tattoo Party!

Options
Alrighty... I love tattoos....esp when there are meanings behind them. So who has tattoos out in MFP Land? What are they and the reason behind them?

1- on my shoulder blade- it says Mom with angel wings- I got it 9 years ago when my Momma passed away
2- on my ankle- it says Abby and Adam scroll-y print w/ a scroll-y heart- for my two children

Thinking about one more.... the words "This too shall pass" ... just a motto that I live by and the encouraging words from my mother in law... not sure where.... someday though.

You?!

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    a couple of mine are in my profile. i have 5 in total. and they started losing meaning, i just love tattoos.

i got a mermaid on my entire calf, right inner, and everyone asks me: "is it you?" "is it someone you know?"...no, i just think it is beautiful!
  • mmedjjon
    mmedjjon Posts: 511
    Options
    I have 3. one for each of my boys.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Don't have them yet but will by the end of summer! I am getting one on my my forearm that says "Live~Laugh~Love" and I am getting a funky Gemini zodiac sign on my shoulder. Can't wait!!
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I have four bird silhouettes on my upper back, a heart on my ankle, and a sea turtle on my wrist.
  • SLewis74
    SLewis74 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have 3. First is a dolphin, bc I love dolphins, going to get it redone and added to...got some more I want to add to it. The 2nd is my favorite saying and the 3rd is my son's name.
  • mmedjjon
    mmedjjon Posts: 511
    Options
    I have 3. First is a dolphin, bc I love dolphins, going to get it redone and added to...got some more I want to add to it. The 2nd is my favorite saying and the 3rd is my son's name.
    FOURTH?? Maybe taurus symbol, hehe
  • 2drunk
    2drunk Posts: 7
    Options
    I got 10.
    1 giant chameleon on my right mid section curling it's tail around my chest. A Lotus on my left upper arm ..emerging from that a dragon which reaches the top of my schoulder. 2 aztec gods on my hipbones(circular)...attached to that 2 japanese ornaments which run down to my knees...on the side of my knees 2 circular dragons. On my right arm Fudo Myo-o(sign) and my chinese birth sign.

What can I say...addicted?
  • redi2
    redi2 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love tats! I have 3. On my inner left arm, a rose with a heart thru the stem. On my ankle a seahorse. My right inner arm is for My Green Bay Packers. G with Packers over it and wings..
  • wilted_daisies
    Options
    I have one large back piece.. or it could be four separate ones dependant how you look at it, one at bottom of back, half sleeve, one on thigh and four (as 1 on my ankle/foot) Pics on my profile :)
  • tammyopolin
    tammyopolin Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have five.

1 - Black and pink star on the back of my neck. Started with something small to pop my tattoo cherry lol.

2 - Cherry blossom branch wrapping around my left wrist. Love love love it so much. It looks like a watercolor painting and the detail is amazing. I want to add on to it eventually.

3 - Wrist piece featuring a large black star with a butterfly in the negative space. I got this when I lost 100 lbs and it's very symbolic to me. Seether has an album titled Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces and that really spoke to me, so instead of doing the generic butterfly tattoo to celebrate my progress, I did this negative space tattoo and it turned out beautifully.

4 - Mando'a for "family" on the inside of my right ankle. My geek shout-out to my husband.

5 - My most recent tattoo is a tribute to Deftones. I got the symbol from their album Diamond Eyes on my right shoulder blade. They've been my favorite band since I was in 8th grade and their music holds a lot of meaning and memories for me.

I have photos of some of my tattoos in my profile if anyone would like to see them.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    This phoenix was a 35th birthday gift to myself and a celebration of 100 lbs lost, representing the new me and that I will never, ever go back.

11c5kt2.jpg
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    This phoenix was a 35th birthday gift to myself and a celebration of 100 lbs lost, representing the new me and that I will never, ever go back.

11c5kt2.jpg

Wow! Love your tat!

I have none...but I am getting one once I get down to my goal weight. Gives me something to aspire :-)
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I have one on my arm. I want a couple more.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options

11c5kt2.jpg

Ah, I love this!

I have no tats, but plan on getting one when I hit my GW to celebrate my transformation. I plan on getting a sparrow, which traditionally represents a journey and freedom. It'll be my gift to myself to represent my freedom from my unfit and unhappy lifestyle and the long journey it's taken. :)
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I got a: Ring of doves, jolly roger flag over a wave, polish falcon, 4 leaf clover, my niece's name, butterfly with a flower, heart with a rainbow inside (no gay meaning to it), string of pink flowers, cresent moon with stars, egyptian eye, buddha, vine of black leaves, and a sunflower. Can't wiat to get more :heart:
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I have 3. "love" on my wrist. It's purpose was to remind me to love myself like I love others.

A tree on my back. The leaves turn into butterflies. 3 of them are in my kids birthstone colors

I have a feather on my collar bone that says "nothing is impossible" along it. It's in my profile. I always said no. Claimed I couldn't/wouldn't/shouldn't. What I learned was I could do anything if I tried hard enough
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have 4

One on my uper left arm for my 300 game in bowling
    Garfield on my upper right arm, because that is so my personality, lol
    Compass rose on my left wrist
    And bulding blocks on my right leg one for each kid. Their initial with date of birth and their favorite color.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    untitled.jpg

Each of my sons and their Zodiacs...Taurus and Virgo
  • comogirl
    comogirl Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have 5.
    1. For my 18th birthday I got a seahorse on my rt upper buttock/hip that is teal and purple

2. A small heart on my lf hip

3. A large starfish on my lf ankle that is red and beautiful that I got after my husband and I got married to symbolize our love

4. Another seahorse next to the other one that is orange, yellow, and red facing each other because seahorses are monogamous and mate for life (he needed a mate and after I was married awhile I decided he should have one)

5. My most recent one I got 6 months ago is an infinity symbol with our wedding date inside it on my rt foot

I love tattoos! Wish I could post pictures of mine.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have four. Three of them mean a lot to me.

I have,"Everything Was Beautiful And Nothing Hurt," tattooed across my chest. It is from Slaughter House-Five by Kurt Vonnegut. That book changed my life and I wanted to be reminded of it every day. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it.

I also have the logo of my favorite band (Mxpx) on my left arm. Sounds cliche, but they have been my favorite band since I was 13 years old (I'm 27). They are the reason I have the two most important people in my life, my husband and son.

You can see both of these in my profile picture.