Karma - Ain't it Grand?

Options
berlynn_j
berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
Not that I've always been the nicest crayon in the box, I've had my rude moments, we all have, but I am still a big believer in good old politeness. I saw bless you when someone sneezes, I say yes ma'am and yes sir, and I try to hold doors for people if I know they are coming right behind me. That's one of my biggest pet peeves is when you know someone is behind you, and I mean right behind you, and you let the door slam in their face as opposed to just holding open for a daggone second so they can come in behind you. I mean c'mon, it's not going to break your elbow! It plain out pisses me off, just me. Probably doesn't bother some, but to each their own.

Anyway, this pain in the butt is walking from the other direction sees me, walks in the door ahead of me and lets it close. I have to put my arm out to keep it from slamming in my face so I can go in too. I didn't say nothing except inside my head cuz I'm passive aggressive like that. I imagine slamming the door on his hand. Moving on.

I'm standing by the windows of this building looking out, waiting for the lady to finish my transaction, when I see him get in his vehicle throw it in reverse and without looking slam into a car driving behind him through the parking lot. It was really only a fender bender, no one hurt except the cars.

While I did get stuck in the parking lot for a few because this accident blocked the only exit, the sight of this dude getting a ticket made me smile inside. Not saying it happened because he was impolite and rude, because plenty of polite people get in fender benders, too ;), but still. I couldn't help but think, ahh Karma.

Replies