New Rules of Lifting for Women?

Options
K so about a month ago I bought the book " The New Rules of Lifting for Women" and What I got out from it is that basically I need to eat more to lose weight so I went from eating 1600 calories to 2000 on days I do work out and I try to stick under that on days I don't work out. And While I have noticed that I'm getting stronger I dont like that the number on the scale has gone up -.- And I know its muscle cause my body measurements are the same, but I don't know how I feel about that since I wanna lose weight not gain weight...This book has me a bit confused..So the question is any of you read this book and tried it? If so what did ya think? and has it helped you or not? :/

Replies

• zgdsmith
    zgdsmith Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    There is a group for NROLFW. The ladies on there are wonderful for answering questions!!

I'm on stage 1 of the program and i'm loving it so far! I haven't lost any pounds but I can tell i've lost inches and i'm A LOT stronger. I know for me my muscles retain alot of water when recovering after lifting so my body weight fluctuates alot. I seem to be up a couple pounds the day after I lift. I know it's just water retention bc it always goes back down when i have a couple days off from lifting.

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    If you're withing the healthy weight range you're not going to loose, if you look better but weigh the same where's the issue?! Chuck them scales out girl!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Keep taking measurements and pictures. Do you have calipers? I wouldn't be worried unless the measurements and BF% start increasing quickly. Also, the equations for figuring out your daily calorie goal will give you an educated estimate. You may find that you might need to adjust it. If it comes to this, start slow by going over or under by 100 calories at a time =)
  • nekoxvampyx
    Options
    Thanks guys :D
  • sadiesimp
    sadiesimp Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Def. check out the NROL4W group here on MFP. I finished the Women's book and am now on Abs and have loved the results. I weighed myself for the first time in about 6 months (I weighed at the beginning of NR:Women and at the very end) and actually gained about 7-8 pounds but have increased considerably in strength and i am loving how my abs/glutes/shoulders are looking these days!
  • nekoxvampyx
    Options
    I love how strong im getting too :) was just feeling discouraged cause the number on the scale was going up.. :)