Options
Valqis
Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING
IN 2012 when...

1. You accidentally
enter your PIN on the microwave.

2. You haven't
played solitaire with real cards in years.

3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers
to reach your family of three.

4. You e-mail the person who
works at the desk next to you.

5. Your reason for not staying in touch
with friends and family is that they
don't have e-mail addresses.

6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your
cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you
carry in the groceries...

7. Every commercial on television
has a web site at the bot tom of the screen

8. Leaving the house without your cell phone,
which you didn't even have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and
you turn around to go and get it

10. You get up in the morning and go on line
before getting your coffee

11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )

12 You're reading this and
nodding and laughing.

13. Even worse, you know exactly
would not understand this message.

14. You are too busy
to notice there was no #9 on this list.

15. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list .

~~~~~~~~~~~AND FINALLY~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

NOW you’re LAUGHING at yourself!
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused!" (Unknown Author)

Replies

• TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    a nice amusement for a Monday morning.

but if laughter is good exercise, then the women who have seen me naked are in fantastic shape. :laugh: :laugh:
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Love this. I've sadly done most of these...haha.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My ex husband answered his razor once. He has one of those that vibrates but didn't like to use that feature. He was shaving one morning and accidently hit the button to turn it on, it starts to vibrate so he puts it to his ear and says "hello"
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    nice ... i was hoping for calorie burn chart lol
  • Valqis
    Options

Here's your answer. . . If you weigh 150 pounds, you would burn off approximately 125 calories if you laughed for 60 minutes. You'd be better off frowning and walking for 60 minutes which would burn off 360 calories. Of course, you have to walk 4.5 mph to burn the 360 calories.
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am guilty of all of those on that list...lol.
  • jpaw1002
    jpaw1002 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    haha thanks i needed that on a monday morning
  • sho3girl
    Options

Here's your answer. . . If you weigh 150 pounds, you would burn off approximately 125 calories if you laughed for 60 minutes. You'd be better off frowning and walking for 60 minutes which would burn off 360 calories. Of course, you have to walk 4.5 mph to burn the 360 calories.

really frowning burns more .. should really stop giggling so much
  • wldlndcpt
    wldlndcpt Posts: 25
    Options

which you didn't even have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and

NOW you’re LAUGHING at yourself!
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused!" (Unknown Author)

THIS!! I love it! Thanks for the laugh... :bigsmile:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Everyone without a sense of humor is at the mercy of the rest of us.
  • purpleroses1021
    purpleroses1021 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    One that they missed. While in the store someone's phone rings, it is NOT your ringtone but you answer or check your phone anyway. =)
  • Valqis
    Options

frowning burns more if you are out running for an hour....
  • obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Options
    Here is a fun little ditty: It is believed that the brain, in response to laughter, releases Nitric Oxide (NOT nitrous oxide, that is something different) in your blood vessels. This stuff is a powerful blood vessel "relaxer." This increases blood flow and protects against high blood pressure and hardening of arteries. So laughter is VERY good for the heart! :D
  • sho3girl
    Options

how about if i laught when i'm running - cause anyone watching me run would me LMAO at me too
    frowning burns more if you are out running for an hour....
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,424 Member
    Options
    OMG, I've done most of those! Love it!
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    It's sad when you expect your auto detect key fob to be detected by the front door of your house. Even sadder when you take said key fob out of your FRIGGIN pocket and point the key at the the door, hit the unlock button, and the MUTHAFRIGGIN door still won't open.

Then, you discretely look around to see if anyone caught you cussing the front door out.

Yup, sadly enough, yup.
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It's sad when you expect your auto detect key fob to be detected by the front door of your house. Even sadder when you take said key fob out of your FRIGGIN pocket and point the key at the the door, hit the unlock button, and the MUTHAFRIGGIN door still won't open.

Then, you discretely look around to see if anyone caught you cussing the front door out.

Yup, sadly enough, yup.

hilarious! You almost made me pee my pants! lol!!
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING
    IN 2012 when...

This is one that makes me happy and I DO NOT return to the house to get it. Then I love how people who call and text while I was out are in PANIC mode. I miss the days without cell phones, SOMEtimes.

Cute post!
  • mandaleigh26
    mandaleigh26 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Yup, sadly enough, yup.

Oh my goodness!! I still have an old fashioned key for my car, but...I can say I have run around the house, looking for my cell to find it was in my hand the whole time...sad but true...